Logitech driving wheel problem after using product

GeeDee49

Hi,

I do checks on my PC every Monday morning, firstly, I delete all uneeded files on my 'C' drive, then I run CCleaner doing the Health Check, Custom Claean, Driver Updater and the Registry, then I check for any updates for my PC, finally finishing checking my PC with Windows Defender and rarely have any problems.

However, over the previous twice that I have done these checks I found that my Logitech wheel was unusable and I had to uninstall the wheel and the driver. Next I had to restart the PC and once loaded I would turn my wheel on... usually I have to do this twice before it works properly.

I wondered what was causing this unusual problem, so I switched the wheel on before I did anything, and also started the Logitech Gaming program, next, I deleted all uneeded files from form 'C' drive and the wheel still worked properly, but after I did my next checks using CCleaner, the wheel failed to show up, so I had do go through the proceedure mentioned in the previous paragragh two times before it worked.

I hope this problem can be fixed quickly please.

GeeDee49

• Moderators

I had to uninstall the wheel and the driver

That would suggest that the driver had been updated and the latest driver version doesn't suit your particular wheel.
Once you had removed it Windows then (eventually) reinstalled a driver version that does suit your particular wheel.

It's not that unusual for some devices to need older driver versions, and not to work with the latest driver version.

So I'd stop updating that driver.

As it wasn't happening before then It's probably not the registry cleaner.
But it isn't recommended to run the registry cleaner as a regular tool so you may want to stop doing that, it's meant for particular issues not for regular use, see this:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/59952-i-get-a-registry-error-on-ccleaner-on-windows-10-i-have-scanned-5-times/?tab=comments#comment-326804

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thank you for your quick response 'nukecad', but I do actually install the latest driver for my device each time I have the problem, also I am told before I install that the driver could not be found, so unfortunately I don't think that is the actual problem.

Cheers mate, any other ideas please?

Gordon

• Moderators

If you are sure that the problem is not being caused by CCleaner updating the driver.

Then I suggest that you stop using the registry cleaner.

If you  stop doing things one at a time then when the problem stops you know just what was causing it - the last one you stopped doing.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043