Trying update a driver but then it appears as skipped

FabioA

Hello,

I want to update the driver of the images but after the process apparently is finished, it appears as skipped. I stop the skipping and try again and all the updating process is repeated: the driver is showed as skipped.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Guest johnccleaner

That's very curious; I've not seen that behavior occur before.

Just to check, does this still occur after restarting the computer? Or does it show that the driver is installed after restarting the computer? (It is best practice to fully restart the computer after installing drivers, as there may be tasks that can't be done while the computer is running normally.)

If this is still showing even after restarting the computer from the Start Menu, though, please contact our support team via the Contact Us form located here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=86507 or by emailing support@ccleaner.com directly so that we can help you create the needed logs and investigate this matter further.

Yes, it continues occurring after restarting, right now I tried it again and I have the same issue. I don´t know if the problem is particularly with that driver (I can´t try updating other drivers from the list because it is not necessary to do that according to my system). Maybe I try with other computer and I will see.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I confirm exactly the same issue in another computer (trying to update the same type of driver: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller). The driver apparently is updated but then it appears as skipped.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @gbeith Our support team would like to investigate further and you can easily contact them via email, using support@ccleaner.com.

To help with the investigation, please send the following files:

1. C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Data\DUState.dat
  2. C:\Program Files\CCleaner\LOG\DriverUpdaterLib.log
  3. C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @hooper I can confirm this behavior generally occurs whenever the update process determines that the existing driver is a better fit for the computer than the one that was proposed to be updated to; when this happens, the driver will be automatically "Skipped" to ensure it will not be offered again.

However if wanted, our support team would be more than happy to investigate even further and you can easily contact them via email, using support@ccleaner.com.

If you decide to contact support, would you be willing to send these files to them, as well?

1. C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Data\DUState.dat
  2. C:\Program Files\CCleaner\LOG\DriverUpdaterLib.log
  3. C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log