CCleaner - Health Check - Unwanted Software Update

BrotherFreedom

Info;

• I paid for CCleaner Professional.
  • I'm running Windows 10.

I find Health Check a very useful tool for quick cleaning but it keeps trying to update my software, in particular one piece of software called WinRAR. I have the paid for pro version of WinRAR and the last time I let CCleaner update this program through Health Check it reverted me to the free version of the program so I had to manually clean all installations of WinRAR and edit the registry to remove all references to it, so it was quite a while before I was able to download and install the paid version of WinRAR and get back up and running again!

I have tried excluding both the 64 and 32 bit program files folder for WinRAR but every time I use CCleaner's health check app it always includes WinRAR to be updated.

Personally I'd rather not update any of my software through CCleaner and it's not the reason I bought the program in the first place.

Can anyone help?

• Moderators

Health Check uses its own rules which you can't change.
It's meant as a simple-to-use so has no settings that you can change or customise.

Custom Clean on the other hand is meant to be customised, any ticks/unticks in the cleaning lists, includes and excludes, cookies to keep, etc. apply to Custom Clean not Health Check.

There are a few things you can do, in order of simplicity:

1. Use Custom Clean and not Health Check. Custom Clean doesn't even look for software updates. (There's a seperate tool for if you want to do that).
    You can go to Options>Settings and change the 'CCleaner Home Screen' so that it shows you Custom Clean whenever you open CCleaner.
  2. If you do use Health Check then once it has analyzed you can click on 'Security' and in the screen that comes up untick any software that it has found to update.
    But you will need to do that each and every time that you run Health Check and it finds some software to update. (and once it's found something it will find it every time until you update it).
  3. You could disconnect from the internet before running Health Check, If it can't connect to the internet then it can't check for software updates.

Obviously simply using Custom Clean is the easiest option of the three, it will never check for software updates, and it gives you more control over cleaning than Health Check does.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043