CCleaner Browser, Windows Security, Software

dadybear1234

I ran CC Cleaner with just Windows tab items but it Deleted Windows Defender Files & Adobe Reader DC PDF Files & others. Thousands of them!

I only had the Windows tab out of a Windows tab & an Applications tab I only ticked certain Cache & everything in I.E. (because I don't use I.E.) & it Deleted thousands of Files from Windows Defender & Adobe DC Reader & maybe some other files that I'm not too concerned about. I was going to go to the Applications tab second and run CC Cleaner again but will wait to either read the entire program I'm up against which is near impossible until my Transplant because I get so sick I can't read too much & #1: Understand it all #2: Read a lot & not throw up like a feeling of motion sickness or something, MY QUESTION BEING IS: Although I remember it said "there actions can't be undone, I didn't think I had a problem when I only had the Windows tab open & not the Applications tab open at any time even the first time I used it a couple months ago & if I did I unticked EVERYTHING it Cleaned Up Tonight back then because sometimes I won't put certain PDF Files in the Cloud straight through Adobe because I wan't those files say on my Device in my Phone if there's a Fraud Charge or a mistaken charge to one of my Credit Cards I noticed when I Downloaded my Credit Card Statement(s) I'll "leave it in "on my device" section of mobile Adobe so when I look at that section on a certain day I'll see file right there & open it & call about charge. However, all those boxes were ticked somehow other than br me & it ran Applications when Windows tab ran also. I don't remember that happening last time. Is there a way to get Adobe DC & Windows Defender files back? Somebody, Anybody ?

Respectfully, Barry 

Screenshot-CCleaner- 2022-02-09 215940.png

• Moderators

Hope you get your transplant soo and all goes well.

I'll try to make this as short/easy as I can.

Firstly - The Adobe PDF files themselves haven't been deleted.
Only logfiles, most recently used lists, etc. have been cleared from Adobe DC. The actual files are still there wherever they were before. You can still browse to the PDF files and open them again.

You don't need to recover the PDF files, they haven't been deleted, you just need to browse to them to open them.

The defender logfiles will be gone - but you don't need them anyway unless you want to see what each Defender scan did. (Usually they just say that it scanned and found nothing).
You will find that if you clear the Defender scan logs it will then 'think' that you have never run a scan, and so will run a new scan itself or may ask you to do one.

Secondly - Your thinking of how Custom Clean works is not not correct, it doesn't work like that.
You don't run/clean one tab at a time, when you run Custom Clean it will clear everything that is ticked in both tabs at the same time.

Third - Those ticks/unticks only apply to Custom Clean.
If you run Health Check it  always does it's own thing, it takes no notice at all of your ticks/unticks.

Adobe and Defender Files are on the 'Applications' tab and need to be unticked there if you don't want them to be cleaned by Custom Clean.
image.png

To sum up - Custom Clean cleans both tabs at once, and only cleans what you have ticked.
It doesn't remove any actual files (PDfs. Docs, photo/video files, etc). It will clear links to those files from recently used lists etc., if you tick the box to do that.
Untick anything that you don't want to be cleaned, or things that you never use.
Note that even if you never use IE some parts of Windows still do, so you should have at least 'Temporary Internet Files' ticked for IE.

Health Check always does it's own thing, you cannot customise it.
Health Check ignores anything that you have ticked/unticked in Custom Clean - those only apply to Custom Clean.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043