remote access

jbp359

I am looking for a remote access program so I can work on my dad's computer from my home.  He's very senior and clicks on pop-ups so whenever I go up to visit I spend at least one afternoon cleaning up his messes. (Dad on computer: oh look, a free walmart gift card!  Me: Dad, what did I just tell you about clicking on those things?!  *CLICK* ) I live about 350 miles from him so I can't just run up there. I see that the business package has a "cloud" program that would allow remote access, sounds like it might be an answer for me. But I am leery of what the cost is. Any comments, suggestions, advice?  If this cloud program is costly, can anyone recommend a remote program that works well? 

• Moderators

Windows Remote Access app from the Microsoft Store?

Note that it normally only runs on 'Pro' Windows and so you will need to do some 'tweaking' (probably on both machines) to get it to run on Windows Home editions, but it's not difficult.

EDIT- Link/suggestion to alternative method removed.
It was to a Remote Access enabling software tweak, the use of which is against the Windows Home End User Licence Agreement.
Whilst Microsoft used to allow such use it no longer does and Defender (and other AV's) will normally normally flag/remove that software as a PUP/PUA.
Being a PUP/PUA warning you can still allow it's use, but I'd heed the warning and find another solution.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 6 months later...