Filezilla

Figured it'd be easier to make an account here and bump this 7 yr old thread rather than testing which option will keep from clearing the saved credentials.

I'm using ccleaner v.5.89.9401; there's no option for "filezilla" under applications. A google search didn't bring up anything useful either. but yeah, kind of gets old when I have to keep re-entering credentials since I often have to FTP to servers and websites. Not sure if the OS makes a difference but 'm on windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the option that'll keep from clearing out the stored filezilla credentials.

Edited by randomuser4545

• Moderators

As that was a 7 year old thread anything there would no longer be relevant today, so I've split your post out into the 'CCleaner Help Requests' forum.

As you say Filezilla is not listed seperately as such, but I suspect that it shares storage locations with Firefox.

If you have Firefox on your computer then in CCleaner try unticking 'Session' for Firefox in Custom Clean, and then only use Custom Clean.
(Health Check does it's own thing and ignores any customisation).

'Session' is the setting that if ticked clears up Firefox open tabs, and logs you out of any websites that you are logged into with Firefox.
As I say I'm guessing a bit, but if Filezilla is sharing the Firefox session file locations then it would get cleared too.

If that doesn't work then come back and we'll see if we can help track down what is clearing the credentials.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043