Internet Explorer 7 Toolbar Link Buttons

GreenYaris

Hi All,

Am new to this forum so bear with me while I find my feet.

Probably covered already but can't find it. My CC when run as cleaner clears off the logo decals for the website link buttons on the IE 7 toolbar leaving default E page symbols in their place. This of course is refreshed and replaced once the link button has been reused to visit the web site. Have I missed a setting to prevent this happening or is this currently under review for improvement?

cheers

Dave b

Hi GreenYaris,

When you run CCleaner and it cleans out your Windows Internet Explorer 7 cache, it also removes your favicons. This is why you see the E webpage symbols in their place. Simply revisit the website and the icon will be restored.

Alternatively, you may wish to give Firefox a try. Even after CCleaner cleans the cahce for Firefox; your favicons stick around. :P

Alternatively, you may wish to give Firefox a try. Even after CCleaner cleans the cahce for Firefox; your favicons stick around. :P

TY Tarun and rridgely. I quess I was being optimistic that CC would solve IE7's failings. ;) The manual method suggested on rridgely's link is a bit messy so I suppose I'll have to wait until IE catch up. I use IE as a backup for the odd occasion that FireFox fails to link to a web page.

Cheers

Dave b

Here's a faster way to get your favicons back.

AM-Deadlink - AM-DeadLink detects dead links and duplicates in your Browser-Bookmarks. If a Bookmark has become unavailable you can delete it from your Browser. AM-Deadlink checks Bookmarks from Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla and Netscape. Additionally you can download/update the FavIcons of all your Favorites from the Browsers Internet Explorer and Opera.