CCleaner 5.89 no crfl in Save to Text [(mostly) fixed in 5.90]

DonBl

• Moderators

Why would it be fixed in 940? it's an incremental quick bug fix for crashing 9385. This bug is in. 89 and, if the developers can find a fix it'll likely happen in .90 or later versions.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I'm trying to list all my installed programs.

In the past I've used the Tools>Uninstall>Save to text file... function.

This would normally produce a tab delimited file that I could import into Excel,
but currently is does not seem to produce tab delimiters.

Previously if I opened the file in Notepad it would look something like:
Programs    Publisher    Install    Size    Version    StartMenu
3D Pinball    Microsoft Coprporation    7/26/2021    5.10 MB    5.1.2600.5512    
3D Viewer    Microsoft Corporation    10/27/2021        7.2107.7012.0

Now there aren't any tab delimiters and everything appears run together like:
3D PinballMicrosoft Coprporation7/26/20215.10 MB5.1.2600.55123D ViewerMicrosoft Corporation10/27/20217.2107.7012.07-Zip 21.06 (x64)Igor Pavlov1/26/202221.06Adobe Acrobat XI ProAdobe

How can I restore the functionality?
Has something happened to my .txt file associations?

Running Windows 10 Home 21H2 64-bit, Excel 2019, CCleaner 5.89

• Moderators

You're the second to report something wrong in list export. I'm certain the developers are looking into it.   Thank you for the time you took to report this.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to CCleaner 5.89 does not put crlf at the end of lines [to be fixed in 5.90]

Does 5.90 have a release date?  I have thousands of duplicated files to sift through (I'll run the list through Excel), and the duplicate finder is useless to me now.

Just to make sure the developers have really fixed it -- are they also aware that it was outputting two-byte characters (not only was it missing delimiters, it wasn't in straight ASCII -- it looks like unicode)?

In Options -> Cookies, right-clicking in "Cookies to Keep" and selecting "Export" will save a list of hostnames, but there won't be any line breaks between the names. For example, if my Cookies to Keep list is:

1password.com
abcnews.go.com
accounts.google.com

it will export the list as a text file with the single line:

1password.comabcnews.go.comaccounts.google.com

and if I right-click Cookies to Keep and select Import, it will add a single entry with that name, which of course is useless.

If I've exported a large number of Cookies to Keep, and then I try importing that list, it will crash CCleaner immediately (probably because it doesn't expect a single site with such a large name).

If I hand-edit the exported cookies file to add line breaks between the hostnames, then I can import it properly.

CCleaner v5.89.9406 (64-bit).

• Moderators

All text exporting is broken but should be fixed in the next update which should be (my guess only, no inside info) in the next 2-4 weeks

I don't use this handy feature much except when reinstalling my system. However, I recall not that long ago where my list generated by CCleaner and saved as install.txt is now saved as one huge paragraph and it makes the list all but useless when viewing despite enabling Word Wrap in Notepad. 

CCleaner Pro 9401 

This carriage return bug was reported and acknowledged in a post (not found now) it had been found and corrected, and was to be included in the next upgrade.

Is there a date when the upgraded fix may be available?  If not, can I download an earlier Pro version to download before this bug fix is released?

Thanks, Carl