CCleaner MAC version incomplete?

tagline

Just downloaded the Pro version (paid for) of CCleaner for MAC, running OS Big Sur 11.6.2 and the user interface looks totally different to that shown everywhere online.  It's much simpler and has no Tools function so I can't wipe free drive space, etc.  I think I downloaded and entered the activation code ok.  Am I missing something?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, tagline said:

... the user interface looks totally different to that shown everywhere online.  It's much simpler and has no Tools function ...

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

I suspect that it may simply be that the 'everywhere online' you are looking at is showing the Windows version of CCleaner and not the Mac version.

Because Windows OS and Mac OS are different the CCleaner versions for each have to be different, and they have different features/tools.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for the quick reply.  Adding a screenshot.  I understand the interface might be different, but their own website describes how MAC users can wipe free disk space using Tools.  I can't seem to find anything like Tools offered.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 14.34.54.png

4 hours ago, tagline said:

Just downloaded the Pro version (paid for) of CCleaner for MAC, running OS Big Sur 11.6.2 and the user interface looks totally different to that shown everywhere online.  It's much simpler and has no Tools function so I can't wipe free drive space, etc.  I think I downloaded and entered the activation code ok.  Am I missing something?

Agree with you, it's completely no sense to have this version,  especially if you are a paid User because you will lose a lot of options.

if you are you using Chrome or Brave to me this version is also unable to delete the cookies. 

• Admin

@Keezy, @tagline: with switch to a more "mac like" user interface in CCleaner 2.x (vs the cloning of the PC look and feel we have in CCleaner 1.x) many features were moved underneath this top level menu. 

The primary use-case of the "Wipe Free Space" function (ie: making previously deleted files unrecoverable) would be just prior to selling your old computer to someone else and making sure they can't recover your files.  Our Mac customers were telling us that they do occasionally use it at other times as well, but that this was the least commonly used function, and they wanted us to focus on expanded space cleaning functions like the photo album cleanup, etc.  If there is popular demand though, I expect we'll bring WFS back again in the future, although (since we're all about extending hardware lifespans, not shortening them) with appropriate warnings about gratuitous overuse on SSDs.

Aside from WFS, is there anything else that you weren't able to find?

21 hours ago, Keezy said:

if you are you using Chrome or Brave to me this version is also unable to delete the cookies

Just checking if you have registered your copy of CCleaner for Mac 2.2?  If not, then it may be running in "scan-only" mode until you enter a licence key.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

On 24/01/2022 at 10:55, Dave CCleaner said:

@Keezy, @tagline: with switch to a more "mac like" user interface in CCleaner 2.x (vs the cloning of the PC look and feel we have in CCleaner 1.x) many features were moved underneath this top level menu. 

The primary use-case of the "Wipe Free Space" function (ie: making previously deleted files unrecoverable) would be just prior to selling your old computer to someone else and making sure they can't recover your files.  Our Mac customers were telling us that they do occasionally use it at other times as well, but that this was the least commonly used function, and they wanted us to focus on expanded space cleaning functions like the photo album cleanup, etc.  If there is popular demand though, I expect we'll bring WFS back again in the future, although (since we're all about extending hardware lifespans, not shortening them) with appropriate warnings about gratuitous overuse on SSDs.

Aside from WFS, is there anything else that you weren't able to find?

Just checking if you have registered your copy of CCleaner for Mac 2.2?  If not, then it may be running in "scan-only" mode until you enter a licence key.

Yes is a registered copy with my license.

There is also no option on this version to clean up automatically the browser when i close it.