Expired/Disabled License Key?

Daveo

Is anyone else seeing a fake Periform message about an expired license key?

My 3 PC CCleaner Professional Plus license expires on 31st May 2022, the Periform software reports that the license expired more than21 years ago on 1st. January 2000.

I have checked all 3 computers and they all report the same nonsense.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Daveo Our support team would like to investigate further, and they'll gladly help with anything you may need.

Do they have permission to contact you via email, using the same address registered to your forums account?

12 minutes ago, MeganCCleaner said:

Hi @Daveo Our support team would like to investigate further, and they'll gladly help with anything you may need.

Do they have permission to contact you via email, using the same address registered to your forums account?

Yes, The email address is the same.

Edited by Daveo
Typo correction.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Daveo said:

Is anyone else seeing a fake Periform message about an expired license key?

Are you referring to this?

image.png

That is not an expiry notice.  That is letting you know that the licence key that you are using is not valid and needs to be replaced by a valid one.  This can happen if:

• Your licence key is cancelled after you request a refund
  • You have an old expired licence that has been replaced with a new licence
  • Your licence was cancelled for abuse - if you buy a 3 PC licence and use it on a dozen machines, for example.

A cancelled licence has its expiry date set to NULL, which renders as 1 Jan 2000.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 2 weeks later...

I got this because I had replaced several computers and tablets and "moved" the license to the new ones.

After arguing my case with support, they restored my license.

I strongly suggested that they should have contacted me first rather than invalidating my license based on a hunch.

• Admin
19 hours ago, latimers said:

I got this because I had replaced several computers and tablets and "moved" the license to the new ones.

There's never a problem with moving your licences from an old PC to a new PC, although the system really doesn't like folks who seem to have "new PCs" on a regular basis (ie: an IT service technician using CCleaner Professional to service customer PCs instead of using CCleaner Technician Edition, which is licensed for such things). It does also tend to spot if a key is being used as a "floating licence" cycling around multiple PCs.

In your case the issue was that with a CCleaner Professional Plus 3 PC licence, "several" is a bit more than 3.  

To avoid such problems recurring in the future, you may wish to consider the CCleaner Premium licence when you next come up for renewal, which covers up to 5 PCs.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to Expired/Disabled License Key?
  • 7 months later...

If you have asked for a refund, you will no longer be eligible to use CCleaner Professional, and your license will be deactivated. Or, you may have also unknowingly purchased a license from an unauthorized reseller. If this is the case, please contact us at support@ccleaner.com so we can help you.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Jameswalter said:

please contact us at support@ccleaner.com so we can help you.

You are not a representative of CCleaner so stop talking as if you are.

You have been warned.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com