Speccy auto open storage view

micha22

Hi!

If I close a data carrier with the arrow in Speccy 1.32.774 64 Bit Free on Windows 10 in the storage view, it opens again after 2 seconds at the latest. I don't have a chance to look at the lower volumes. How can I switch off this auto-open?

Thanks

• Moderators

(I assume that by 'data carrier' you mean 'storage media'?)

What kind of storage devices are you refering to? (HDD, SDD, USB stick, data card?).

What you describe sound like a refresh of the data in Speccy.

If Speccy sees a change in the data that it is reporting then that will prompt Speccy to do a refresh of that data.

You can see this quite easily for yourself with storage media - if you have Speccy open and plug/unplug a USB stick then Speccy will do a refresh as it reads or removes the USB stick from the displayed information for storage devices.

Note that it doesn't have to be something as obvious as a drive being connected/disconnected that is causing your particular refreshing, any change to the data that Speccy reports could cause Speccy to do a refresh.
But as it is re-ordering what is being displayed in 'Storage' then that would seem to indicate that Windows is seeing a drive as being connected/disconnected.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi and thanks for the answer. I've attached a screenshot and marked in red the arrow I wrote about. When I close the tab for this data carrier, it does not stay closed but keeps opening again unintentionally. How can I stop this?

Please excuse the bad english, i use google translate.

Thanks

2022-01-03-Screens_speccy.jpg

• Moderators

Thanks, for confirming that I had understood what you were meaning.

As I said above;

Windows (and so Speccy) is seeing some change to the drives on your computer.

I can easily make my Speccy do the same thing, I close the details for my C drive like so and it will stay closed unless something changes:
image.png

But then if I simply pull out the Flash Drive, without doing anything else, the details reopen like so:
image.png

So something is telling your Windows, (and so telling Speccy), that a drive status has been changed on your computer, maybe telling it that that a drive has been turned on or off.

Just what is telling Windows that a drive status has been changed, and just which drive has been changed, you will need to investigate further.
As it seems to be happening every 2 seconds for you then:
It may be some software turning a drive on/off all the time?
It may be a fault in a connection?
It may be a fault with a Drive?

Looking at the Windows Event Viewer may give you a clue as to what is causing it to happen.

What other Storage devices apart from that Seagate do you have connected?

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Good to hear you found what was causing it.

I suspected it would be something like a USB stick or a memory card.

Was there a card in the reader, or was it just constantly being polled/checked to see if you had inserted a card?

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, micha22 said:

A bad product. It flew through the window ...

Maybe a bit drastic and you could probably have found some way to turn the constant polling off, but fair enough.