Installation date

FabioA

Hello,

My question is about the "Installation date" column. NONE of drivers that I installed with CCleaner shows the real installation date. It seems to be the installation date is close to the release date in all cases. For example, today I updated the Intel Graphic driver and the installation date is 09.04.2019 (see attached image)

Should the Installation date show the date in which the driver is updated?, or it is indicating another meaning? Could it be a bug to be fixed?

Could you clarify the meaning of the Installation date column?

Thanks in advance

Captura de pantalla (3)_LI.jpg

Guest johnccleaner

Can you check if the installation date for a couple of the devices listed (like the one in your screenshot) matches the install date shown in the Device Manager?

You can click Start > type 'Device Manager' to reach this section of Windows. Once you find the matching device, right-click on it > Properties > Details > select "Install Date" in the dropdown.

(I've seen Windows list invalid dates before for things like installed programs and even the date the OS was installed, so I'm wondering if the Device Manager shares these incorrect dates as well.(

If they don't seem to match, please contact our Support Team via the Contact Us form here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=86507 or by emailing support@ccleaner.com so we can investigate further!

Thanks johnccleaner.

I checked that and it does not match. In the Device Manager the date is the correct, it is the exact date when the driver was installed by CCleaner. You can see the image.

In all of the other cases of driver updates it occurs the same. The installation date does not match, it is very different to the real installation date.

Captura de pantalla (5).png

Guest johnccleaner

Thanks for checking that for me, that does seem very odd as both Device Manager and CCleaner should be looking in the same place for this information, and so should be giving the same results.  How curious!

Go ahead and use the contact information I provided previously so our support team can collect the information needed to investigate this further; we'll be happy to look into this more!