Microsoft Power Query uninstalled, found 2.6GB of cache files using TreeSizeFree

HSchulze

..\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerQuery\Cache\  0c22c117-47d9-4ebd-b5e5-7c6d8243a4f3.dat 1.2GB and many others like it.  Last used 1.5 years ago.  The cache files cover a period of 4 months.

Also found 300MB in 6000 files in ..\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Code Cache\js which are up to 1.5 years old.  Another 200MB right next to it in IndexedDB.  I will toss as soon as I close Chrome.

AppData\Roaming\Zoom\logs had 150MB as well.

• Moderators

And your question is?

I recommend that you get Revo Uninstaller, that is very good at getting rid of leftovers following an uninstall.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

The query cache isn't going to be cleaned while Excel is still installed.

I was under the impression that CC would clean out temporary files.

I wish it would also tackle the many copies of installer files, where I find 2 to 4 levels of unpacking, caching, and backupping.

I removed a total of 77GB of working file copies, a hibernate file that isn't used by a box PC that runs 24/7, a dozen not used apps, released some cloud caches, pst files from work (just retired), for a total of 170GB. That matters on a 512GB SSD.  Duplicate photos and documents found by other tools.

I am just posting to give awareness to these trashcans to the developers.

The point about the file age is that temp files may need to lie around for a day to a month, but not much longer.

Edited by HSchulze
Speel check