STOP trolling me

SuperTRev

Way WAY TOO MANY notifications about a future license renewal.  I don't need to be reminded every two flippin days that my license is going to expire in FOUR MONTHS!

Enough is enough.  I can't even use the program now without hitting the 'remind me later' button.  How bout no.  How bout don't remind me, cause I can handle it, thanks.

If I can purchase a subscription, then I can do it again.

Your constant renewal nonsense is borderline predatory business practice.  Give your head a shake.

• Admin
9 hours ago, SuperTRev said:

I don't need to be reminded every two flippin days that my license is going to expire in FOUR MONTHS!

There might be something else going on here, since we don't send renewal reminders that far ahead of time. 

During the Black Friday/Cyber Monday period there would have been some messages about the Black Friday/Cyber Monday half price sale - but those were only for folks up to about 3 months prior to expiry, and they finished Tuesday (with a bit of spillover into Wednesday/Thursday for the folks who didn't get the notification on Tuesday).  As of 00:01 GMT on Friday morning there have been no renewal notifications of any sort (including the standard ones) sent to customers with more than 40 days remaining on their licence.

Unexpected messages about licences expiring sooner than expected (or having already expired when you are certain that you have renewed) tend to have one of two main causes

1) For product notifications

You may have obtained a new CCleaner licence key in the past and neglected to activate it on some of your computers.  If you have a licence key that expires in 4 months, but are still using an old one that expires in a few days, then CCleaner will be alerting you about the one that you are using.

Solution: Go to Options > About > License Information in the CCleaner console and check your expiry date.  If it is sooner than expected, then you are probably using an old licence key.  If you cannot find your new licence key from your Cleverbridge order confirmation then you can get the details of any active licences on your account from https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup.  If you then click "Register New Key" you can put your correct licence information into CCleaner and your problem is sorted.

image.png

2) For email notifications

If you have an old and a new licence key under the same email address then we only notify you about the status of the one with the expiry date furthest in the future.  eg: if you have a licence that expires in 10 days and another that doesn't expire for a year, then we assume that the one that expires in a year is the relevant one, so you won't get any "expires soon" reminders.

If your licences are under two different email addresses then you may still get email notifications about the older one under your old email address - since don't know whether or not dave@ccleaner, david@gmail and davo@bigpond are the same person.  The renewal reminder notification emails all contain reference to the licence key and expiry date of the licence in question.  To stop receiving reminders about old licences on your old email address(es), you can either contact support (at support@ccleaner.com) to ask them to disable the old licence, or hit the subscribe link at the bottom of the renewal reminder email that you received.  Note that the unsubscribe option will permanently stop all future subscription-related communications from Piriform to that email address, so be sure to only use that for email addresses that you don't intend to use again with us in the future.

@SuperTRev: In your case, it is quite possible that both scenarios may apply to you.  Doing a quick check of your licence information I note that you have a CCleaner Professional licence (starting with CXQH and ending with 8FAC) that expires in only 9 days - on December 13th.  And that that is the highest expiring licence on that email address.

Would I be correct in assuming that you post is in response to receiving an email with the subject line "Important: In 9 days, your CCleaner license will expire" or a pop-up like this, entitled "This CCleaner license expires in 9 days!" 

image.png

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes