Internet Explorer Temp Files

KenK3664

When I try to perform a Custom Clean on my desktop computer it shows me "Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files - 1kb - 1file."  When I perform the clean and then analyze again it says "Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files - 5121kb - 1file."  When I ask for details on this 1 file, (Ken is my user name), it says it gives me the following details: "C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\SuggestedSites.dat    5,121 kb" but I cannot locate this file on my computer.  On my laptop, performing the same task it sometimes also says "5121 kb" but then on other occassions it says "0kb."  I use Chrome and not IE or Edge.  Does anybody know what might cause this and how I can get rid of this file?

• Moderators

That is normal behaviour for a computer.
(The 512Kb indicates that it's a small file, or possibly an empty file created by Windows for future use).

See the second part of this for an explanation of what such files are, why some files always come back straight after cleaning, and what you can do to stop some of it:
PS. CCleaner itself puts a couple of temporary files in IE's storage when you open it, and then cleans them.
So you will always see files in there after opening CCleaner.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043