Driver update is very wrong. Says I need 57 Drivers!

johnnyz

I am an IT guy for 30 years. I just built this new Dell Precision Workstation and all is completely up-to-day-for sure.

I just ran CCleaner and its telling me I need 57 drivers, and most are for things not even in this PC!  

This Workstation was made in 2020 and has all newer drivers installed and CCleaner wants to install 53 drivers from 2017.

Screenshot 2021-11-28 092850.png

Edited by johnnyz

Guest johnccleaner

That's quite odd that you'd be seeing drivers for devices not connected to or installed in the computer; is it possible that these are referring to devices onboard the motherboard? As I'm sure you're quite well aware, modern motherboards have a plethora of devices built into them, and these are rarely if ever covered by the chipset driver.

You also shouldn't be seeing older drivers; the Driver Updater determines if a driver is newer by looking at the release date for the proposed driver compared to the release date (not install date) of the installed driver, rather than the version number. If you'd like this to be looked into further, I would recommend getting in touch with our support team directly via the Contact Us form located here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=86507 or by emailing support@ccleaner.com directly - from there, you'll be provided with information on the log files we would need to look into this further so the feature can be improved.