Fingerprints

zoombie

Guest johnccleaner

There isn't one specific answer to this; after all, if there was a consistent pattern, then you could simply be identified as a 'Kamo User'. :)

Your digital fingerprint is made up of a large variety of bits of trivia about your browser and device - OS, browser type and version, your screen resolution, whether you have cookies enabled, how many extensions are installed, etc...

You can find out more here: https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/ and run a test to view the data commonly used for fingerprinting. To be clear, it's not any sort of personal data, and any individual point can't be used to track a person. For instance, there could be millions of people with the same resolution as yours. However, combining an array of these data points can certainly at least give a high certainty that a user on two separate websites is the same person, if not whom that person is.

Kamo alters this data when it updates your fingerprint so your trail will go cold each time it's updated; it will still be valid data, just not the data that necessarily corresponds to your device and browser. For instance, when it scrambled my fingerprint most recently, I compared values with the above tool and found that it changed a number of entries, but most importantly the canvas fingerprint hash and the WebGL fingerprint hash, which are intended to be largely unique to the device. (It also changed my web header, user agent reported, and so on.)

On 29/11/2021 at 19:54, johnccleaner said:

There isn't one specific answer to this; after all, if there was a consistent pattern, then you could simply be identified as a 'Kamo User'. :)

Your digital fingerprint is made up of a large variety of bits of trivia about your browser and device - OS, browser type and version, your screen resolution, whether you have cookies enabled, how many extensions are installed, etc...

You can find out more here: https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/ and run a test to view the data commonly used for fingerprinting. To be clear, it's not any sort of personal data, and any individual point can't be used to track a person. For instance, there could be millions of people with the same resolution as yours. However, combining an array of these data points can certainly at least give a high certainty that a user on two separate websites is the same person, if not whom that person is.

Kamo alters this data when it updates your fingerprint so your trail will go cold each time it's updated; it will still be valid data, just not the data that necessarily corresponds to your device and browser. For instance, when it scrambled my fingerprint most recently, I compared values with the above tool and found that it changed a number of entries, but most importantly the canvas fingerprint hash and the WebGL fingerprint hash, which are intended to be largely unique to the device. (It also changed my web header, user agent reported, and so on.)

Thanks a lot! I had some issues in Firefox regarding about blocking ads & trackers, so after "ducking" and installing "Private Badger"  my result became  as this:
--------------------------------

Your Results

Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 237,996 tested in the past 45 days."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess that's OK! ;)

Edited by zoombie

• Admin
12 hours ago, zoombie said:

Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 237,996 tested in the past 45 days."

That's want you want to see :-)

Rather than attempting to "fuzz" your fingerprint, Kamo gives you an absolutely unique fingerprint - leading the website to believe that it has tracked you perfectly - and then promptly changes it. Which makes the website absolutely sure that you're someone different.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

One small inconvenience ids that one is getting messages from google and more abot that "a new computer has logged in". On thr other hand you can be sure that it is working 😗. I wonder how long time it will take Google to recognize this patter connected to my account....?

Well, Kamo is tyhe best latest. It would be nice to have an App Store App for IOS. Therere are a lot of "fake" apps though. But I gather that there were some difficulties regarding their policy or whatever.

I had an android for a skort time, but it was not what I was used to; problems with voice control and some Blurtooth issues. And I don't use my iPhone for surfing, but when I do, I am not sure about the protection level. But some times I would like to have a good wifi analyzer; showing channels and signal strength, and that is not to be found on App Store.

Well, that aside, I am very pleased with Kamo and CCleaner Pro. But on Kamo, I miss the possibility to see a log from one fingerprint to the next, and tehn I mean in details. Kinf of like
Cookie Quick Manager ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookie-quick-manager/ ).

Thanks for tof the very best classof support and a peachy forum / Z