11 Supposed Driver Updates... but all are current. Confused.

hlve

Hiya.

I keep my drivers mostly updated manually, but wanted to test out this feature to see how well it worked.

• It scanned and said I had 11 drivers that needed to be updated.
  • Screenshot 1 > Looking through the list, it shows all my basic components saying their driver is out of date.
  • Screenshot 2 > Example of invalid-report of an outdated driver, I clicked Connectivity > Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7), and clicked "Learn More."
  • Screenshot 3 >  This next screen brought me to a list of 4 rows... all with the same version number/release dates. First 3 had options for update/skip, last row showed currently installed.

This is pretty much the EXACT same for all of my 11 supposed driver updates.

My questions:

1. Why are there 4 rows even listed on this 'learn more' page? Some other drivers have 14-20 rows listed.
  2. Will skipping the first three clear this mostly up for future updates?

1.png

2.png

3.png

Guest johnccleaner

That looks like a bit of a logic error in how the software is trying to display these updates; the Driver Updater does appear to be offering a driver that is 4 and a half months newer (note the Release Date of the three duplicates compared to the installed version, not the Version Number; this would most commonly indicate that the manufacturer released a new version with a slight fix or change, but deemed it too minor to change the version number), but you're correct, it should only be offering this once.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team directly via the Contact Us form located here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=86507 or by emailing support@ccleaner.com directly so that we can get some logs that would be helpful in narrowing down and correcting this issue.