Automatic licence credit for early renewal

jon529320

Hi

Today I took advantage of upgrading and updating my account early with Ccleaner (Piriform) they are discounting to cost for the year 

It said any unexpired days between now (24/11/2021) and the original expiry date in February 2022 would be added to the new contract.

But when I check my account I see it says the contract will expire on 24/11/2022 not in February 2023?

Can you please advise me on who I should contact (and how) to get this resolved?

Thanks

John

• Moderators

It can take time for the extra to show on your account, it usually gets added within a day though.
From the documentation (about switching products but also applies to renewals of an existing licence):
https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039530092-Will-I-lose-any-time-on-my-subscription-if-I-take-an-offer-to-renew-early-#will-i-lose-any-time-on-my-subscription-if-i-take-an-offer-to-renew-early--0-0

If you do this, we send you a new license key, but we also credit any remaining time left on your old CCleaner license subscription to your new one within 15 working days. Although in 90% of cases, this happens within 24-48 hours. Please contact our customer support team if you don't get your credit entitlement after 15 working days.

Note: This also applies even if you're not moving from one product to another.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

My ccleaner subscription was valid till Dec-24

But after ccleaner has been bombarding me with popups I decided to extend my subscription. I bought an additional year.

Unfortunately the ccleaner code has a bug. It does not extend the current subscription but starts a whole new subscription.

So basically they charge me double for the 2021 month of december :-(

A very dishonest way if doing business !

Luke

Edited by Luke123
New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 562 seconds before submitting.

• Luke123 changed the title to Buggy subscription code - Ccleaner charged me double for December 2021
  • Moderators

If you used the same email address when purchasing then the time left on the old licence will get added to the new one.

It just takes a little while for that to happen, the robot that does it usually runs twice a day.

If you used a different email then it won't happen automatically, but if you email support@ccleaner.com they will merge the 2 licences for you so that the extra gets added on.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin
10 hours ago, Bestellingen said:

This did not happen.

@Bestellingen: As per the above, this does happen but not instantaneously - the licence extension robot runs twice a day.  I can see that your time credit was automatically applied and your licence was extended to 3 Feb 2024 at around 19:22 GMT this evening.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Admin

@Luke123: Everything seems to be running as intended as per Will I lose any time on my subscription if I take an offer to renew early? – Piriform Support

The robot ran at its regularly scheduled times of 03:00 and 19:00 GMT today and on each occasion several hundred customers had their licence credit added.  Your original post was between those runs, but should have been taken care of about 3 hours ago now.  You can check your expiry dates here: CCleaner.com - License Lookup, or under Options > About > License Information in your copy of CCleaner (although sometimes you may need to close and re-open CCleaner to refresh the licence information).

Unless, as @nukecadnoted, you used two different email addresses - in which case you would need to contact support to let them know that the two different accounts are the same person, so that they can merge the licences.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to Automatic licence credit for early renewal
  • Dave CCleaner pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...