Stuck on a driver

Scott123

I ran the driver updater, started updating drivers last night. It's been "updating" the same driver for over 14 hours. The computer isn't frozen, task manager says that CCleaner is running, but clearly something is amiss. It's updating a driver for Intel 200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #5 - A294. I'm scared to just stop the program from running. What is my next move?

• Moderators

Sometimes apps get stuck and you just have to abort them. (Done it hundreds of times over the years with different stuck apps)

You could End Task on CCleaner in Task Manager. I'd also 'Restart' your computer.

Or simply do  'Restart' which should tell you it's still runing and ask if you want to restart anyway.

Is there a risk?

I'm guessing it's stuck because it can't download the new driver from wherever. It can happen that the download is waiting for more input to continue - and CCleaner can't give it that input.

As the computer is working fine apart from CCleaner being stuck then it shouldn't be a problem. Things are OK now and once CC is aborted it can't do anything. You might want to avoid trying to update that driver (any driver?) in future.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043