Recuva not seeing non-deleted files on nested folder

unclelobsterman

My issue is a ton of non-deleted photos on a microSD card that is starting to fail. When I run Recuva it finds deleted photos that previously were in the root of the microSD drive (not in any subfolders). Those files (1,200 pictures) were never the problem.

The problem is that two folders down (so, H:/DCIM/Camera) are about 5k photos and a handful of videos that are not deleted. But, because the drive is failing, I can't simply copy them all to my computer without everything locking up Windows and having to do a hard reboot each time Explorer runs into a troublesome part of the microSD drive.

I have selected "scan for non-deleted files" and it appeared to be scanning well past 1,200 files (even gave me an estimated time of about 5 hours). But when I went back to it after an hour the Recuva interface was simply blank as if I hadn't even run a scan. Is this a known issue? I would expect that if it simply choked to death because the drive was in really bad shape that it would show me that as opposed to just displaying as if I never ran a scan at all.

Separately, while there is obviously a box to scan for non-deleted files, is there a way to simply ignore deleted ones? This would seem to really help in a case like mine.

Any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by unclelobsterman
added another comment