How to refund subscription after billing [solved]

COROVICD

I looked yesterday into my bank account only to discover that £37.95 had been withdrawn from my account, without any permission.

I paid for your quasi useful software once and that was the end of it. Everything that your quasi useful software does one can do with a few clicks himself.

I've just spent half an hour looking everywhere on your site to contact support and to ask for refund. And, of course, link to support is nowhere to be found. Very smart bunch of crooks, people can not ask for their money back because there is no support page. Of course there are support pages for irrelevant help topics, but not how to get stolen money back.

Bunch of filthy crooks, where is the link to support where I can ask for refund of my money?

• Moderators

https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020674812-How-do-I-manage-my-CCleaner-subscription-#2-the-manage-subscription-link-in-the-ccleaner-app--0-2

Also contact support at the email address I gave you. This would be your best option to get this sorted.

support@ccleaner.com

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Admin
6 hours ago, COROVICD said:

Why is it contact support form not accessible with 3 clicks or less, like with all other decent companies?

For users of the free version of CCleaner and other members of the general public, there is a link to a contact form at the bottom of each FAQ article on the CCleaner website.  This placement is quite deliberate, since customer support prioritises the requests of paying customers, and so free users will generally find a solution to their problem quicker by checking the answers to common questions on the website.

For paid customers, you can get to what you need with a single click.

The direct contact email address for customer support was in the order confirmation email that you received from Cleverbridge when you signed up for a subscription on the 23rd of October 2020 and in the confirmation of your subscription billing that you received on the 8th of October 2021, and also in the several renewal reminder emails that you would have received prior to this date. 

Single-click cancelation of your subscription to prevent future billing was also available in from your original order confirmation, or from the email that you received on September 23rd 2021 advising you of your upcoming billing, ie:

image.png

... and also via Options > About > License Information > Manage Subscription inside CCleaner itself.

Addition:

I note that you had already contacted support for a refund at 6:40am this morning (before you posted here that you were unable to find a link to support), and received a detailed response from customer support at 7:02am - by which time your refund had already been processed. You would have had an additional confirmation of this from Cleverbridge at 7:06am.

For future reference, there is no need to be abusive to the customer support team in order to obtain a refund.  They know that customers sometimes forget to cancel things on time and they process refunds promptly when requested (even on weekends).

Edited by Dave CCleaner

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to How to refund subscription after billing [solved]