Tried recovering data from Recuva from an accidentally formatted portable disk

EmKay

I tried recovering data from the Recuva Professional tool, I ran twice, but the end result was the same. Tried both times with the deep scan setting as well.  

Below is the end result screen I am getting, any help would be deeply appreciated.

Note: This portable Hard Disk contained of videos mainly.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 220640.png

• Moderators

Those files pictured are system files which one would expect to see after a disk format. By the looks of the time, nearly five hours, that's a deep scan. I don't know what the 8 ignored files are, possibly zero length or otherwise of no use. As you are showing live files it also looks as if you have that option checked, so there's not much use suggesting that. Unfortunately it does not look as if any other file, deleted or otherwise, can be found. Is the disk an SSD?

16 hours ago, Augeas said:

Those files pictured are system files which one would expect to see after a disk format. By the looks of the time, nearly five hours, that's a deep scan. I don't know what the 8 ignored files are, possibly zero length or otherwise of no use. As you are showing live files it also looks as if you have that option checked, so there's not much use suggesting that. Unfortunately it does not look as if any other file, deleted or otherwise, can be found. Is the disk an SSD?

It's not a SSD, thanks for the response. Unfortunate to see that no results came out even after purchasing the Software.

Guest johnccleaner

Unfortunately, that's the reality of file recovery. Sometimes the data's just sitting there waiting for you to find it, sometimes it's damaged beyond recovery or even finding, and anywhere in-between. And, of course, sometimes what one program can't find, another can, because they look for it in different ways. (That's why there's about as many recovery programs out there as grains of sand on a beach.)

You can ensure that Recuva doesn't ignore any files at all by going to Options > Actions > check everything in the Scanning section except "Deep Scan" > OK > rescan just to be certain. I bet there were more than 8 videos, on the drive though, and like Augeas said, these should be files that would be of no use to anyone to recover (because there's no data, because they're system files, etc). 

In any event, you're welcome to keep the software around and installed for future recovery situations that we may be able to help out with more; otherwise, you can certainly contact our support team via the Contact Us form or by emailing support@ccleaner.com directly and inquire about a refund - we'll be happy to look into the matter further for you!