Cannot update 2 drivers

Sweep

Guest johnccleaner

To begin with, can you confirm that you're using CCleaner 5.85? There were some recent changes in how exactly drivers were detected in this version.

I've also been made aware in another case that our development team had blocked a different version of the SM Bus Controller driver from showing because of exactly the problem you report (being unable to install it and, based on our investigation, giving an error code that it wasn't needed in the first place), so that update may not even be needed. That was a different version, though, so that's only conjecture.

If you continue having trouble with this, I would recommend getting in contact with our support team directly via the Contact Us form, or by emailing support@ccleaner.com - whichever is more convenient for you. 

It would be very helpful to also get the most recent logs, located in the following locations:

• C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Data\DUState.dat
  • C:\Program Files\CCleaner\LOG\DriverUpdaterLib.log
  • C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log

It would also be helpful to get an msinfo report. To do so:

• Open the "Run" dialog in Windows (On the keyboard, hold the "Windows" and "R" keys simultaneously; in Windows 8.1 or 10, you can instead right-click the Start icon > Run)
  • Type: msinfo32.exe > click OK
  • Click File > Save...

Please include those files if you message our support team, as that will allow them to assist more promptly. (I would not recommend putting them up here on the forum, as I believe the msinfo report may contain a small amount of personal data like your IP, and we would not want that being made public!)