Firefox history sometimes disappears in Health Check.

Jtree

The version of Firefox is 92.0.1, and the version of CCleaner is 5.85.9170 (64bit).

I used to use only Custom Scan, but recently I started using Health Check as well.
First, I used Health Check, and then Custom Scan.
I have not checked the Internet History checkbox in Custom Scan. I don't check the Internet History checkbox in Custom Scan so that the history won't be lost.

However, when I use Health Check, Firefox's history sometimes disappears, though not every time.
I tried several times and with Internet History unchecked in Custom Scan, the history does not disappear.
The first time I do a Health Check, my history disappears at least once every few times.

Is this a bug?

• Moderators

No, it's not a bug.

It is the way that the two different cleaning methods are supposed to work.
If they worked the same way then there would only need to be the one.

Health Check uses it's own Cleaning Rules which you cannot change, it is meant as a quick option for those who don't want to be bothered with changing settings.
You can tell Health Check not to clean something in particular, (by clicking on a section and unticking what it has found to clean), but have to do that every time you use it. Health Check does not save any settings, it always uses it's own rules.

Custom Clean gives you more control of what get cleaned or not by ticking and unticking the categories. (And even more control by making Includes and Excludes and/or by adding the user add-on 'winapp2.ini' to give extra cleaning categories).
Custom Clean remembers what you have ticked/unticked.
Those ticks/unticks only apply to Custom Clean.

So if you don't want your browser history cleared then you have to use Custom Clean and not Health Check.
(or manualy deselect it after each and every Health Check scan).

I'm not sure why you say that Health Check is sometimes not removing the browser history, it should clear it every time that you run Health Check.
Unless the browser is open, in which case you should get an option to close the browser, or 'skip' cleaning it by unticking the blue tickbox.
image.png

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for the reply.

So, you're saying that Health Check erases history if nothing is set, and Custom Clean is Ok if you set it to uncheck or check for each application (history, cookies, etc. for Firefox), right?

However, my CCleaner is the free version, so I'm not sure if it's the one at the end of your comment.

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files-not-cleaned-files-coming-back-solvedexplained/?tab=comments#comment-300043

But my CCleaner is the free version, so I can't get the health check setting at the end of your comment here.
Is this because it's the free version, or does it mean that the health check settings can't be set in detail?

• Moderators

I'm not sure what you are meaning by 'the end of your comment'?

If you mean the screenshots of Health Check skipping messages for an open browser then that applies to Health Check in both Free and Pro versions; it makes no difference which you have.

Leave your browser open and try running Health Check to see them for yourself.

But in general you have got the way that Health Check and Custom Clean are different.

Health Check does what it does and can't be changed.

Custom Clean is the thing to use when you want to change things and have more control.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for the reply.

The end of your comment that I wrote is the following part.

The top part.
I found the health check setting on this page.

I had missed this setting.
If you go to Health Check, Start, Privacy, you will see that History is checked.
So I unchecked it and ran the health check, and Firefox's history did not disappear.

I didn't know that there was such a setting in Health Check, but I finally understood it after asking this question.

Thank you very much.

SnapCrab_2021-10-05_04-45-48_No-0000.png