Ccleaner across multiple profiles

ArthurH

Hey guys, awesome product! used it for some time now and its amazing how much faster a computer can run once ccleaner is done with it.

I have noticed that ccleaner only cleans the user data who is currently logged in, I was hoping there is a way that I can run it on a computer that has multiple profiles without having to log into each, eventually I would like to run this across dozens of computers across all profiles at the same time.

Thanks for any help!

I dont think that this is possible.

You cant clean someone elses crap on a different user name.

The issues relate to the registry, and therefore cannot be removed with limited rights either. Administrative rights are required to remove those registry issues.

What you could do, is go to your control panel > user accounts, and give all the accounts administrative rights. Then log onto that account and fix the issues. After doing that you can go back to the control panel > user accounts, and change all the accounts back to limited rights that you had them on. That is the only way that I can think to do it.

EDIT:credits to krit

The issues relate to the registry, and therefore cannot be removed with limited rights either. Administrative rights are required to remove those registry issues.

What you could do, is go to your control panel > user accounts, and give all the accounts administrative rights. Then log onto that account and fix the issues. After doing that you can go back to the control panel > user accounts, and change all the accounts back to limited rights that you had them on. That is the only way that I can think to do it.

Nice cut and paste, at least credit Krit with the post :rolleyes:

I may be wrong but I don't think he was referring to cleaning the registry on other computers, just cleaning the crap. I vaguely remember this being discussed before and I don't think its easily possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i have the same problem. i want to use ccleaner to clean up all profiles on my computer.

I know, for this i need adminrights and i have it.

I wrote a litte batch-file, that generates a list of desired folders in every lokal profile-folder.

Here my code:

@for /F %%I in ('dir "c:\dokumente und einstellungen" /ad /b') do @echo "c:\dokumente und einstellungen\%%I\lokale Einstellungen\temp" >>info.txt@for /F %%I in ('dir "c:\dokumente und einstellungen" /ad /b') do @echo "c:\dokumente und einstellungen\%%I\lokale Einstellungen\Temporary Internet Files"  >>info.txt

- Copy the code and paste it in a new blank textfile.

- Replace "c:\dokumente und einstellungen" with your foldername

- Replace "c:\dokumente und einstellungen\%%I\lokale Einstellungen\temp" with your foldernames

- Safe this file as temp-profiles.bat and safe it in your root-directory

- now run it

- after this you have a new files "info.txt" in your root

- within is a list of all your folders.

The result is this (example from my german XP)

c:\dokumente und einstellungen\Administrator\lokale Einstellungen\temp c:\dokumente und einstellungen\All\lokale Einstellungen\temp c:\dokumente und einstellungen\Default\lokale Einstellungen\temp c:\dokumente und einstellungen\LocalService\lokale Einstellungen\temp c:\dokumente und einstellungen\NetworkService\lokale Einstellungen\temp c:\dokumente und einstellungen\Roland\lokale Einstellungen\temp 

It is simply possible to expand this batch, it you want other folders too like "temporary internetfiles".

Now the question:

How can i manually add this list of folders to my "Custom files an folders"-List in CCLEANER??

bye

SkAvEnGeR

1. Select "Options".

2. Select "Custom".

3. Select "Add Folder".

This not work.

Because: The Folders i want to add are hidden. With the filedialog within it isn?t possible to add these special folders.

I work for a solution.

SkAvEnGeR

Because: The Folders i want to add are hidden. With the filedialog within it isn?t possible to add these special folders.

1. Open any explorer window.

2. Go up to Tools>Folder Options...

3. Click on the View tab

4. Under Advanced Settings click on Show hidden files and folders

This lets you select those folders from the dialog. B)

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!

~Otto

How to use CCleaner on a Flash Drive (pre v2.0)

OK guys,

here is my solution.

automatically add some special folders from all found local profiles to "custom folders" in CCleaner.

Here is the code:

Dim fso, f, f1, fc, sSet wso = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")Set f = fso.GetFolder("c:\Documents and Settings")Set fc = f.SubFoldersFor Each f1 in fc  s = s & "c:\Documents and Settings\" & f1.name & "\local settings\temp" & "|"Next'direct write to Registrywso.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options\CustomFolders", s'write in fileset f = fso.OpenTextFile("ccl-custom-folders.reg", 2, True)f.WriteLine "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" f.WriteLine "" f.WriteLine "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options]" f.WriteLine chr(34)&"CustomFolders"&chr(34)&"="&chr(34)& Replace(s,"\","\\")&chr(34)

Please take a look at the definitions of foldernames. And if necessarily change it to yours.

Safe the code as "ccl-custom-folders.vbs" and run it.

After this you can start CCleaner to clean all crap from all profiles.

Greetz from germany to all CCleaner-Users.

SkAvEnGeR

• 1 year later...

Skavenger,

I would love if you could upgrade this script to the cccleaner 2.0.9 version.

They changed the way they hold the folder names in the registry.

I this this is an awesome script.

I would downgrade to CCleaner 2.0.6 just to use it..

THX

C

OK guys,

here is my solution.

automatically add some special folders from all found local profiles to "custom folders" in CCleaner.

Here is the code:

Dim fso, f, f1, fc, sSet wso = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")Set f = fso.GetFolder("c:\Documents and Settings")Set fc = f.SubFoldersFor Each f1 in fc  s = s & "c:\Documents and Settings\" & f1.name & "\local settings\temp" & "|"Next'direct write to Registrywso.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options\CustomFolders", s'write in fileset f = fso.OpenTextFile("ccl-custom-folders.reg", 2, True)f.WriteLine "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" f.WriteLine "" f.WriteLine "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options]" f.WriteLine chr(34)&"CustomFolders"&chr(34)&"="&chr(34)& Replace(s,"\","\\")&chr(34)

Please take a look at the definitions of foldernames. And if necessarily change it to yours.

Safe the code as "ccl-custom-folders.vbs" and run it.

After this you can start CCleaner to clean all crap from all profiles.

Greetz from germany to all CCleaner-Users.

SkAvEnGeR

I dont think that this is possible.

You cant clean someone elses crap on a different user name.

This ability could be coded into a future version of CCleaner for Vista, which should then be permitted only if run by an Administrator.

Vista's Disk Cleanup does precisely that. When run as an Administrator, Disk Cleanup gives the option to cleanup just that user's files, or files from all user accounts. It would be great if CCleaner added that ability.

• Moderators
This ability could be coded into a future version of CCleaner for Vista, which should then be permitted only if run by an Administrator.

Vista's Disk Cleanup does precisely that. When run as an Administrator, Disk Cleanup gives the option to cleanup just that user's files, or files from all user accounts. It would be great if CCleaner added that ability.

No love for XP on this :( I use the portable CCleaner, am a domain admin and often need a quick and dirty way to cclean another users crap (heh heh) but my domain is all xp sp2. I thought about using runas but then it looks in my account's stuff. not really reasonable to make every user an admin then un admin as suggested above (thirty machines is a lot to do that on much less a bigger domain) CCleaner is the BEST BEST BEST crap cleaner and even more so allows me to add specific folders (but am not sure about if I can use %username% in the folder section.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

No love for XP on this :( I use the portable CCleaner, am a domain admin and often need a quick and dirty way to cclean another users crap (heh heh) but my domain is all xp sp2. I thought about using runas but then it looks in my account's stuff. not really reasonable to make every user an admin then un admin as suggested above (thirty machines is a lot to do that on much less a bigger domain) CCleaner is the BEST BEST BEST crap cleaner and even more so allows me to add specific folders (but am not sure about if I can use %username% in the folder section.

Hello Nergal,

Maybe this guys post can help you out.

You can reply or PM and maybe you guys can come up with something.

I think he already has but you be the judge.

Running CCleaner over a domain to clean profiles, For network Administrators and Domain controllers

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=98819

Come back and let us know even a new topic post if necessary.

Good luck to both of you,

:) davey

• Moderators
Hello Nergal,

Maybe this guys post can help you out.

Davey Thanks that'll work perfect :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com