Kamo not letting me accept cookies from MailChimp

David Maria

Hello everyone. I am new to Kamo, and I also with with MailChimp for sending broadcast emails and have entered in as exceptions to block cookies for all of the various domain names that MailChimp uses. They set a lot of session cookies which are necessary in order to use their site.

mailchimp.com.
login.mailchimp.com
us3.admin.mailchimp.com

And, doing this doesn't seem to make any difference at all at Kamo continues to block all cookies from MC, which every 30 seconds or so ends my session, forcing me to log back in again, loosing the session and all of the associated writing that I have been doing.

It's so intense that it's forcing me to write locally first and then cut and paste, hoping to be able to actually send an email out in less than an hour. :-)

I love the depth that Kamo blocks cookies, yet I need some kind of workaround that actually allows me to have cookies be functional for sites that have to have them in order to work.

Thank you to everyone, I so appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely,

David Maria

So far the only available option that I can figure out is to uninstall Kamo, reboot, use MailChimp and then reinstall Kamo. Way too cumbersome to be an effective tool.

There has to be an option that will allow me to fully use a site that absolutely requires cookies to be accepted in order to function.

Hoping that there is some kind of resolution to this that works.

Thank you again.

I am having the same Issue with MailChimp. I installed Kamo yesterday. Today I had an email campaign that I needed to be sent, Kamo prevented me from logging into MailChimp. I tried adding MailChimp as approved web address which still did not allow MailChimp to load. Tracking report showed blocking MailChimp. I had to uninstall Kamo.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @David Maria & @DonnieM,

I'll report this issue to our development team so they can investigate further but first, can you please tell me what antivirus/firewall utility you are using?

Additionally, and if applicable, can you please tell me what VPN utility you use?

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @David Maria Thanks for the information as we greatly appreciate your help with this!

Our development team is currently investigating the issue and I will follow-up with you again as soon as I have further insight.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @David Maria I wanted to follow-up with you on this as our development team has informed me of how it will soon be possible to whitelist websites from the anti-tracking mechanism of Kamo, at which time this problem can be easily resolved by creating an exclusion for MailChimp.

This will be made possible in the next version of Kamo we release and although we don't currently have a definitive estimation as to when it will be available, we do intend to release the new version of the software in the near future.

• 1 month later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @David Maria I wanted to follow-up with you on this as it is now possible to whitelist websites in Kamo, and I suspect this will resolve the MailChimp issue.

For this, simply add the MailChimp domains to the "Allowed websites" area of Kamo.

However if this doesn't work, or if you happen to encounter any other issues, please let me know; I'll be more than happy to help.

Hello Admin

I have tried many times to add all of the many domain and subdomain names to Kamo to get MailChimp to work.

To date, it has not helped, as MC still continues to have issues.

However, I love Kamo so much that I will install it again and see what happens.

I use MC a fair amount, sometimes 2-4 times a week and it's just too much to uninstall and reinstall Kamo over and over.

Thank you so much, have a wonderful day.

David Maria