Question about cookies deleting

Eric LeBreton

Hello,

I have noticed the following issue : when I do  "options/cookies/cookies on computer", I see all the cookies in the list, I select all and delete all. That words fine. But if do it again immediately, I see that 6 cookies are back. They seem unerasable !!

I all searched anywhere a solution, did not find anything.

Can someone help to kill them ?

Thanks !

Eric

• Moderators

Have a read of this link (just click on it to open) which explains the various reason why things come back after cleaning, and what you can do to stop (some not all of) it happening.

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files-not-cleaned-files-coming-back-solvedexplained/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Look towards the bottom of that post for explanations of where your particular cookies may be coming from:
PS. If you can tell us what your particular cookies are we can probably tell you where they are coming from.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

First question has to be have you double checked if you have your browser synced?
If so then read that linked post again about syncing, if not read below.

From a quick look:

Sweetnitro is a games house - Football/rugby/touchdown/etc. manager games. (You have an account for that type of game that stores info of your teams and league position).
So I guess you are getting that from playing a manager game, or possibly you have a live tile for that game, or possibly it has a background process like an updater running?

The next is Amazon CloudFront - That doesn't mean you have been anywhere near Amazon itself; CloudFront a webserver used by billions of websites.
Again any background app or live tile could be bringing that back.

The next two are Facebook - guess where those are coming from.
Anything running in the background that has a link to Facebook, or again a live tile.

The next two are from Firebase, which is a Google development tool.
That could be any website or app, you could check background processess and live tiles but without a name to help it's probably guesswork.

The last one is Facebook again.

Hopefully that gives you a clue what to start looking for. *(see below)

Note that CCleaner will be cleaning them, but something is then putting them back.
As there is more than one it's probably more than one something, but it could be just one background app. *

If they are always coming back immediately after cleaning (and you are not syncing) that means that whatever is bringing them back must be active in some way.
(Minimised apps, apps running in the background eg. for updates, or live tiles).

First thing I'd do is if you have any live tiles on the start menu try turning them off.
Right-click the tile, select More, select Turn Live Tile off.
image.png

Next you can use Task Manager to see what is running in the background:

• Right-click anywhere on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
  • (Click 'More Details' if it's only showing a small window).
  • On the 'Processes' tab click on 'Name'.

That will order the running apps/processes so you can see what is running in the background and hopefully spot the offender.

image.png

* My guess is that game is running something in the background and is responsible for all 7 of those cookies. (All 7 look like they could well come from just one online game).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hello nukecad,

thank you for taking so much trouble to answer me, your answer is very complete and documented !

I started the pc in safe mode, to prevent a game or an application from launching, the result is the same ... I think I'll give up, these cookies are ultimately harmless!

Thank you very much for answering me and explaining the origin of the problem.

You can close this thread.

I'll drink a beer to your health :-)

Best regards.

Eric, from Brittany, France.