CCleaner 5.84.0.9143 Registration Issue

Mangelhaft

I have been having issues registering the past few releases of CCleaner.  I even bought a second license thinking my license was out of date.  I an using ZoneAlarm as a firewall and have granted CCleaner.exe full access to the internet, as well as running CCleaner as administrator.  I have copied the license key, as well as my registered name, directly from the order/license confirmation e-mail, without any extra spaces.

The error I am receiving is:

*CCleaner Activation-ERROR4
*The key you have entered is invalid. Please enter your key again, including dashes (-), numbers and letters.  You may find it easier to copy and paste the key from your purchase confirmation email into the box.

Thank you for your time and assistance resolving this problem.

• Admin
9 hours ago, Mangelhaft said:

I even bought a second license thinking my license was out of date

BTW, if the old licence was not out of date, and you now have two licences covering more computers than you actually have, be sure to ask the folks in customer support for a "licence merge" (ie: add whatever remaining time was on your old licence to your new one).

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 1 month later...

Hi I bought a Pro key and when I try to activate I get this error4 too 

I also run CCleaner as administrator and copied the license key and my registered name directly from the order/license confirmation e-mail without any extra spaces.

image.png.35c62118b954dd941acb131fb94287c0.png

Edited by ma14

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ma14 said:

What is ERROR4??

Why no one has a fix and why Support doesn't answer since 3 Days? I paid for this pro key and I can't activate it!!

tjis is the user's forum (though ccleaner has employees who try to help out here) and not support.  If you are having trouble with license issues you should email support@ccleaner.com

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

12 minutes ago, Nergal said:

tjis is the user's forum (though ccleaner has employees who try to help out here) and not support.  If you are having trouble with license issues you should email support@ccleaner.com

support doesn't answer since 3 Days 

• Admin
38 minutes ago, ma14 said:

support doesn't answer since 3 Days 

@ma14: As of Monday morning, there were no unanswered support tickets from the weekend or before.  Do you have a support ticket number that I can check for you?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup

• Admin

@ma14: I was able to locate your support ticket. You contacted support at 01:39 on Saturday morning and Raymond responded shortly thereafter at 05:06 to ask you for some additional information, since there is no record of you having purchased that licence key from us using that email address.  There does not seem to have been any reply from you since then.

It looks like you may have purchased this licence from a reseller.  Did you receive any instructions from them when you purchased it?  

I am still unable to register the latest CCleaner (5.86.0.9258).  I have installed and successfully registered version 5.40.115.6411.  Apparently, Piriform has changed the registering mechanics of CCleaner.  I contacted CCleaner tech support, a while ago, and made a service ticket.  After several e-mails back and forth, it became apparent that the people who address the service tickets do not understand the concept of firewalls and are incapable of knowing what files CCleaner uses to register.

I am now getting an 0X4 error (The system cannot open the file).  I will make a new service ticket and hope that the people now servicing these tickets are a bit more capable and knowledgeable.  But, I will not hold my breath.   

• Moderators

You have not answered the question from @Dave CCleaner about where you purchased CCleaner?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin
7 hours ago, nukecad said:

You have not answered the question from @Dave CCleaner about where you purchased CCleaner?

...and a rather important question it is too.  If you bought your copy of CCleaner at a suspiciously low price on eBay then you are probably going to continue to have a bad time.