The duplicate file help pages are superimposed over one another. making them ver

Yahoody

• Moderators

In not sure what attaching one tune is supposed to tell anyone?
(And most people will not download an unknown attachment anyway, it could be anything so could be unsafe).

If you 'KNOW' that the files are duplicates then they are probably not being found because of the search options that you have set for the Duplicate Finder.

Can you give us an example of the duplicate path/filenames, their sizes, and their modified dates? (Just for one pair of duplicates will be enough).
And then a screenshot of your duplicate finder options/settings similar to this one:
(This searched C: Drive only for files with the same size and content, not searching for duplicate names or modified dates, and ignoring certain other criteria).
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

On 07/09/2021 at 16:24, Yahoody said:

I'm having a hard time using duplicate file remover.  I have checked the videos, and (tried ) to read the help pages...But I just can't get them to identify what I KNOW are duplicates.

Yahoody

Example file below {Attachment removed}

On 08/09/2021 at 01:48, nukecad said:

In not sure what attaching one tune is supposed to tell anyone?
(And most people will not download an unknown attachment anyway, it could be anything so could be unsafe).

If you 'KNOW' that the files are duplicates then they are probably not being found because of the search options that you have set for the Duplicate Finder.

Can you give us an example of the duplicate path/filenames, their sizes, and their modified dates? (Just for one pair of duplicates will be enough).
And then a screenshot of your duplicate finder options/settings similar to this one:
(This searched C: Drive only for files with the same size and content, not searching for duplicate names or modified dates, and ignoring certain other criteria).
image.png

Guest Andrei CCleaner
2 hours ago, Yahoody said:

Heya @Yahoody, please contact our support team so they could help you out with your issue. Just send an email at support@ccleaner.com and our team will look over your issue as soon as possible.

• Moderators

@Yahoody

Your last post was just quotes of the previous posts, there is nothing new there?

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

That's good.

Looking at your settings:

• You have specified to match for duplicates on all 3 of Name, Size, and Date modified.
    Duplicate Finder will only say files are duplicates if they match on all 3 of those options you have set.
  • The ignore settings are fine, except you may have not realised what one of them is doing - see below.
  • You are searching D: for *.MP3 files (I assume you have set it to search files and subfolders, but please check that).

As to why it is not finding anything on a search:

First as said above, because you have specified those 3 'match criteria' then 2 or more files will have to have the same names, the same filesizes, and the same modified dates to be found as duplicates. (If just one of the 3 is different then it won't be considered a duplicate).

Next I notice that you have 'Ignore' set to ignore files that are smaller than 1 MB in size.
For a .mp3 file a size of 1MB is typically about one minute of playback.

But the file that you have attached here is 873KB - so it would be ignored by your search because it's under 1 MB.
Is that size typical of the mp3 files that you want to search? If so then they are being ignored because of that setting.
Try unticking that particular ignore, or setting it to a lower value if there are some smaller files you still want to ignore. (You can set them as 0.# MB sizes there).

I also note that you have specified to search for '.MP3' (in uppercase). But the file you have attached here is '.mp3' in lowercase.
(To me 'music.MP3' is not an exact name match for 'music.mp3'.  - I'm not sure if the Duplicate Finder makes that distinction in upper/lower cases but wouldn't be surprised).