DRIVER UPDATER NIGHTMARE

Skybat

miércoles 01 septiembre 2021 :: 1916hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi...

My Ccleaner is nearly due for renewal and I do not know why when considering my options read about Driver Updater, I knew it was part of the package though had never used it as I have always been wary of Driver Updaters; I decided to give it a try.
Fortunately I not only created a restore point & a clone of my SSD.
I ran the Updater and was told there were a total of 8 drivers that need to be updated, I decided to cary out the process one at a time and started with a Video Driver; it took for ever to download (I have a 1GB Full Fibre connection) it eventually ran and required a system re-boot, again this took forever and turned out to be a complete disaster, it would have been difficult for more to be wrong than actually was.
The revert process would not work and my system hung, tried system restore did not work and needed to use the cloned SSD to get my system working again.
I have no idea if this was a one off, however, I have no intention of using Driver Updater again and caution anyone considering its use to be very, very careful.
I have a very high spec laptop and am certain that it was NOT computer capability related.
Here's the spec:
Intel Xeon W-10885M vPro Processor
(2.40GHz, up to 5.30GHz with Turbo Boost, 8 Cores, 16MB Cache)
Win 10 Pro Workstation x64 21H1
64GB(16x4) DDR4 2933MHz ECC SoDIMM
512GB SSD, M.2 2280. PCle-NVMe, OPAL2.0,TLC (X4)
17.3" UHD (3840x2160) IPS Anti Glare 500nits Non-Touch
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 16GB GDDR6 256bits
IR & 720p HD Camera & Mike
Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 2x2 AX, Bluetooth Version 5.0 vPro
Backlit Keyboard Spanish (ES) with Number Pad
Fingerprint Reader

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Skybat First of all, I am very sorry to hear of how you experienced this problem as a result of using the Driver Updater; I'll immediately report this to our development team as we definitely do not want anyone to have this type of experience when using our software.

To help us with the investigation, would you be willing to send the following files to our support team, using support@ccleaner.com ?

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Data\

DUState.dat

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\LOG\

DriverUpdaterLib.log

C:\Windows\INF\

setupapi.dev.log

jueves 02 septiembre 2021 :: 1605hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Megan

Thanks for your reply and suggestion, however, there is no point in sending the files as they will be from my system prior to running Driver Updater

because as previously stated I need to fit the cloned drive to repair my system.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.