Driver Updater - More like Driver NOT Updater

levialex

Howdy folks,

I'm encountering some issues where the CCleaner Driver Updater says it finds updates for some of my drivers, it then says it will update said drivers, announces completion some time afterwards and when it scans the drivers it finds them at the same, original, versions afterwards.

Is there any way to fix this? I mean, this is literally THE ONLY reason for which I purchased this product. If this feature is not fully functional I fully intend to request a full refund...

• Admin

Usual preliminary diagnostic questions, if I may:

• Which OS version are you using (Windows 7SP1, Windows 10 21H1 - home vs professional vs enterprise edition, etc)?
  • Which version of CCleaner are you using 5.82, 5.83 or 5.84?
  • Which drivers seem to be causing the problem (or, if there are several of them, just a representative handful)
  • Does the situation change with any of them if you reboot Windows before scanning again after the update completes?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Hi,

I am using:

CCleaner version: 5.84.9126 64-bit (CCleaner has auto-updates engaged so if this is not the latest version, the updater is not exactly running as it should)

Drivers that are causing the issue: the list here is rather long but the most interesting ones are:

- the drivers for my Razer BlackWidow, Razer Tartarus Chroma and Razer Naga Chroma, that CCleaner says it has found newer drivers for but the listed version of the newer drivers is exactly identical to the listed version of the drivers already installed (this is one driver for each device, and the situation is identical with each of them)

- the driver for my Intel I219-V ethernet adapter

- the driver for my ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller

I am also now encountering an issue with the Registry Cleaner within CCleaner. According to CCleaner I have 1 registry issue to fix, that is called ActiveX/COM Issue with Data: LocalServer32\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe - ToastNotifier. However many times I have CCleaner "Fix" this issue, and how many times I reset my PC after it was "fixed", when I scan for Registry Issues, this one keeps popping back up.

Is the situation improved by resets? Unless the required number of resets for this to work is in the literal hundreds, I honestly do not believe so.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, levialex said:

I am also now encountering an issue with the Registry Cleaner within CCleaner. According to CCleaner I have 1 registry issue to fix, that is called ActiveX/COM Issue with Data: LocalServer32\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe - ToastNotifier. However many times I have CCleaner "Fix" this issue, and how many times I reset my PC after it was "fixed", when I scan for Registry Issues, this one keeps popping back up.

Is the situation improved by resets? Unless the required number of resets for this to work is in the literal hundreds, I honestly do not believe so.

See here

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/60480-cwindowssyswow64speech_onecorecommonspeechruntimeexe-toastnotifier

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

2 hours ago, hazelnut said:

Thanks for the info. What I don't get is why, by way of a patch, they don't just stop CCleaner from showing that one, since it can't be cleaned. Would save loads of completely awkward "why does your software for which I paid money not work" questions...

Still having the Driver DEFINITELY NOT Updater issues though...

• Moderators

It is cleared - deleted and recreated with the default value. (Often thats the quickest way of clearing something).

You can whitelist it yourself though - (if you insist on using the reg cleaner despite advice).

Next time it shows up right-click it and select add to exclude list and then it wont show again.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

3 hours ago, nukecad said:

It is cleared - deleted and recreated with the default value. (Often thats the quickest way of clearing something).

You can whitelist it yourself though - (if you insist on using the reg cleaner despite advice).

Next time it shows up right-click it and select add to exclude list and then it wont show again.

I do not necessarily insist on using the Registry Cleaner, but since I've been running this computer for several years now, for a reformat, and the software came with this particular feature, I decided it might be wise to use it. I definitely don't plan on using it often, but at least once a year, I would think it wise. In so far, after using the Registry fixer upper, I must say that the performance of my PC has improved somewhat. This might not be the case for everyone else. I am just speaking from my personal experience.

Still annoyingly quiet on the Driver NOT Updater front.

The issues have not gone away on their own, so if anybody expected that to happen, I would like to point out that problems have a tendency of not doing so.

Still looking forward on an explanation on how to fix the problem, or an explanation as to why this problem exists for a paid software. Otherwise, please provide me with a way to request a full refund for the product.

Thank you in advance!

Guest MeganCCleaner
On 27/08/2021 at 05:13, levialex said:

Still annoyingly quiet on the Driver NOT Updater front.

The issues have not gone away on their own, so if anybody expected that to happen, I would like to point out that problems have a tendency of not doing so.

Still looking forward on an explanation on how to fix the problem, or an explanation as to why this problem exists for a paid software. Otherwise, please provide me with a way to request a full refund for the product.

Thank you in advance!

Concerning the issues you are experiencing with the Driver Updater, our support team would like to investigate further.

Do they have permission to contact you via email, using the same address that is registered to your forums account?

On 30/08/2021 at 14:22, MeganCCleaner said:

Concerning the issues you are experiencing with the Driver Updater, our support team would like to investigate further.

Do they have permission to contact you via email, using the same address that is registered to your forums account?

Of course... Please do.

• 3 weeks later...

Driver Updater is telling me to update drivers for hardware that isn't even installed on my computer.

For example my Razer Blade 15 (2021) does not have a SteelSeries keyboard or a Killer WiFi card. But Driver Updater keeps insisting that I do.

I am concerned that the updates aren't accurate. Therefore the information is useless. How can I keep my drivers up to date if it can't even detect my hardware correctly?

• Admin
6 hours ago, OneOrangeTreeLLC said:

For example my Razer Blade 15 (2021) does not have a SteelSeries keyboard or a Killer WiFi card. But Driver Updater keeps insisting that I do.

A couple of possible reasons for this.  One being that, due to OEM relationships between different hardware manufacturers and brands, what is under the covers is not always what is on the sticker.  What are the models of the peripherals being reported vs those actually used?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes