When these values from Registry are changed by CCleaner?

Guest johnccleaner

These are used by the Smart Cleaning function (which used to be called 'Monitoring, hence the name of these entries'), and specifically the 'Junk Files' portion of this function. 

The Browser Cleaning portion watches for supported browsers to close, and so will prompt the user (or take action automatically, depending on how you have it configured) when that condition is detected. Meanwhile, the Junk Cleaning portion is designed to run a CCleaner analysis once per day, and prompt if the amount to be cleaned is higher than the set threshold.

These values are used to keep track of these times to try to make sure that you're not notified excessively by the Junk Cleaning portion and when CCleaner should run the analysis again.

(Note that Smart Cleaning will only be able to work if Options > Smart Cleaning > "Enable Smart Cleaning" and at least one of "Tell me when there are junk files to clean" or "Enable automatic browser cleaning" is checked, and the CCleaner Notification Tray icon is running in the background.)

Thanks for your reply my friend.

So, if I've correctly understood your explanation, it is needed and mandatory a user action with the CCleaner interface for these keys to be changed, isn't it?

--(Note that Smart Cleaning will only be able to work if Options > Smart Cleaning > "Enable Smart Cleaning" and at least one of "Tell me when there are junk files to clean" or "Enable automatic browser cleaning" is checked, and the CCleaner Notification Tray icon is running in the background.)

If these options are not enabled, I understand the values are never changed, am I right?

Thanks!!

Guest johnccleaner

That's my understanding, these registry entries would not be relevant without that Smart Cleaning functionality being enabled.

You would, of course, then lose the automatic cleaning functionality of Smart Cleaning with these disabled but the option is there for you if that's what best meets your needs.

In any event, these are entries utilized by the software's automated functions and are indeed supposed to be there, they don't indicate anything out of the ordinary. :)

• Admin

@ObiWanKenobi: Options > Smart Cleaning:

image.png

The CCleaner registry entries are there to store your user preferences (which you can also export via Options > Advanced > Save all settings to INI file) if you have CCleaner configured just the way you like it, and want to set up the same way on a new computer.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Guest johnccleaner

At that point, I think the most accurate answer would be to say that these settings are set by an automated CCleaner process, some of the details of which the user may configure. 

Hope that this information has helped your investigation!

3 hours ago, johnccleaner said:

At that point, I think the most accurate answer would be to say that these settings are set by an automated CCleaner process, some of the details of which the user may configure. 

Hope that this information has helped your investigation!

Thank you again!! So, the CCleaner process which changes these values is not enabled by default, is it? If I have understood well, the user must enable the process which manages the values. In that case, the values would be empty or they would be initialized to some date? If this is the case, which date?

Thanks again my friend!!

I hate to bring up a subject that must have been asked many times, but do I use the Registry cleaner or not?  This part is confusing and I cannot find any instructions on how to use it.  Is there a general explanation of things on this site?   I understand everything else but not the registry.  Oh, I have the Professional edition and use Windows 10 on a PC.  Thanks.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tradersword said:

I hate to bring up a subject that must have been asked many times, but do I use the Registry cleaner or not?  This part is confusing and I cannot find any instructions on how to use it.  Is there a general explanation of things on this site?   I understand everything else but not the registry.  Oh, I have the Professional edition and use Windows 10 on a PC.  Thanks.

Don't use it unless you know what you're doing.  Follow the suggestions in my signature below this post, if you do.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

We recommend that you don't regularly use the Registry Cleaner with Windows 10, only use it if you have a specific problem.
Windows 10 changes the registry often which can give false results.
For the official Piriform advice on using the Registry Cleaner see this:

And here is Microsofts stance on using any Registry Cleaner:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043