After running v. 5.84.9126 (64-bit) Windows 10 & Office Problems

vlane

This afternoon I ran the cleaner, as well fixing registry issues. Now Windows 10 is extraordinarily slow on restart and other functions. I also now have MS Office error code 0x426-0x0. I cannot run any Office programs and have tried solutions presented online, which have not worked. Can someone please help? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply. Having a registry backup didn't matter as the computer ran extremely slow and crashed on attempted fixes. Had to ensure all files were backed up and then have Microsoft wipe the OS and reinstall. Apparently Ccleaner indiscriminately deletes Windows OS files. I also have been told that it increases the number of ads that appear in browsers. I will no longer use Ccleaner.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, vlane said:

Apparently Ccleaner indiscriminately deletes Windows OS files. I also have been told that it increases the number of ads that appear in browsers.

Neither of these describes something ccleaner does. The first means you removed something that shouldn't be removed. When using registry section of ccleaner it's best to follow the advice in my signature below this post.

The second is pure fiction, ccleaner does not increase (or decrease) web advertisements.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com