File State Selection Filter

DGthe3

First, thank you for allowing me to recover files from my uSD card that got corrupted. It had about 100 GB worth of pictures on it (over 115,000 files). And while I don't know exactly what's been lost, I'm sure I've got the vast majority of it back.

Anyway, on my 2nd attempt to recover my files (first left a mess of misplaced files) I unticked all the 'unrecoverable' over-written files. They looked like they might be stuff I had deleted on purpose some time ago. Problem is, I had to do it manually. I estimate that there were something like 3500 such files. That is a lot of clicking.

It would be nice to be able to select/exclude files based on file state (excellent, poor, unrecoverable, etc).

Guest johnccleaner

I'm glad that you were able to recover at least some of the files - I hope you were able to get the ones that are most important to you, at the least.  

I'll be happy to get that suggestion to our development team as well. There's a few options already in the program that can help, but I can see where this could make the process even easier. 

In the current version of Recuva, you can click the "State" header at the top of the list of results (you may need to expand the window or scroll to the right to see it) in order to sort by condition, from Excellent down. Clicking it again would reverse that sort. You could then, for instance, click the checkbox header to select everything > click the first Unrecoverable item > scroll down > hold "Shift" on the keyboard and click the last Unrecoverable item, selecting everything in-between > right-click on any item > "Uncheck Highlighted". That would then cause Recuva to only have "Very Poor" and better items selected.

However, you're right of course, having the option to filter out certain file States altogether would certainly be easier.