No Driver Updater in registered CCleaner Pro Portable 5.83.9050 (64-bit)

Wisewiz

I revived an old 2006 Toshiba Satellite Pro (AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-70 @2.0GHz 4GB DDR2 @399MHz) last week, with two old SSDs replacing the original two Toshiba 180GB HDDs, and a new installation of Windows 7 Pro (activated), which I then updated (to see whether it would work) to Windows 10 Pro 64 21H1, and it's running amazingly well. I wouldn't know it was FIVE years old, much less FIFTEEN. [And Microsoft currently says my four- and five-year-old PCs aren't fit for Windows 11!]

I have a CC Pro license for three PCs, and this one makes four I've got running now. I run CC Portable on the other three, so I put (Installed isn't the right word) CC Portable on the Toshiba, and it works great, but there's no Driver Updater, and then I got thinking, "I ought to have the new Driver Updater on this old machine, which probably should have some driver updates that Microsoft missed when it installed Win 10 Pro, and I would surely get the DU if I registered this CC as Pro," so I decided to go Pro, and bought a new CC Pro license. When I entered the new license code into the Toshiba's CC, it registered and changed the version to CC Professional 5.83.9050 (64-bit), but there was no Driver Updater.

"Okay," I thought, "why isn't there a DU here? It can't be just because I'm using the Portable, because my other three are on Portable and have the DU." So I downloaded the non-portable standard Pro installer and installed it and registered it and behold! There was the DU! Then I uninstalled it and put a new copy of the Portable (which, you remember, all three of my other PCs are running) on the Toshiba, registered it, and had no DU.

I wrote to the Manila, Philippines "Help" people, with a screenshot, and they didn't know why I didn't have DU, either, so they gave me a refund. 

Does anybody know WTF is going on? It can't be that the PC is physically incapable of supporting DU, because when I installed CC, I got DU on that PC. It can't be that DU is only available in installed versions (not portables), because I have DU on three PCs running portable versions.

1157855218_ClipboardSnapshot.jpg.54857c51f3d16e998140922c5e230674.jpg

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.

Guest Andrei CCleaner

Hello @Wisewiz, CCleaner Portable cannot get Driver Updater because of the nature of the portable version ( since it's not installed on someone's PC ). Also, CCleaner Portable is a free product so it cannot update drivers since that is a paid feature of our product.

Please be extra sure of what you have on your other 3 devices as you are definitely not running portable on those 3 since you have Driver Updater on them.

Andrei,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I don't want to pursue the point any further. I think I understand what happened.

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.