Laptop issues now that I've updated drivers

johnbrolly

Hi, I've just used CCleaner to update my laptop's drivers and now my touchpad is dead and my fingerprint scanner won't recognise my fingerprints. What can I do? Remembering that I can't do anything with my touchpad. There isn't even a pointer available on the screen to move around ... 

Thanks!

Guest johnccleaner

We have an article with some general advice on resolving these issues located here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402564268429 

If problems persist, please get in contact with our support team via the Contact Us form located here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402564268429 or by emailing support@ccleaner.com directly.

(Regarding the touchpad specifically, you may be able to work around this long enough for any needed repair by using a mouse instead.)

Start by getting hold of an external USB mouse - wired or wireless; that should get you a mouse pointer in order to navigate Windows.  Then check to see if you have a recent Restore Point that you can use to restore Windows to an earlier point (before the drivers were updates) - CCleaner may have taken a Restore Point before it updated the drivers.  When you do System Restore' there is an option to check what installed programs may be affected after Windows is restored to an earlier point.  May be good to check that before executing System Restore in order to give you a heads up if anything other than your drivers may be affected.