Kamo blocks website with two-factor authentication

Nerdbucket

Kamo works well with all but one of my regular websites. I have added the URL to the whitelist to no avail. Have to exit KAMO to log in after which I can reactivate KAMO without intercepting further website use.  Exiting/re-entering website requires same procedure. Using with Firefox 90.0.1 (64 Bit). Kamo Version 2.1.235.330.

Guest johnccleaner

Just to clarify, at this time, the whitelist only affects the cookie cleaning portion of Kamo ("Browser cleanup schedule") - there is not a way to disable the anti-track functions for a single website, so there isn't really a way to 'turn off Kamo' for a particular website (short of, well, turning off Kamo).

What you could do would be to disable Kamo entirely for a browser that you don't commonly use, say Microsoft Edge, by going to "Browser Protection" > unchecking that browser > visiting the website with that browser. That should then prevent Kamo from affecting that browser, allowing the website to work as expected.

Alternately, the process you describe will certainly work as well.

If you'd be willing to let me know the website in question, I can certainly bring that to the attention of our development team as well so we can look into it and see if there's anything that can be done on our side as well.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Nerdbucket Although it is not currently possible to create exceptions for websites via the anti-tracking mechanism of Kamo, this is something we are planning for so it should be much easier to avoid issues like this in the future.

Meanwhile, I'll inform our development team of how Kamo blocks two-factor access on https://www.chase.com/ as this is definitely something we'll need to fix, and we greatly appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

Hi  MeganCCleaner and johnccleaner.

I am seeing a similar problem to 'Nerdbucket' in this thread. My online banking app (https://onlinebanking.usbank.com/Auth/Login) begins to login normally after entering user/password and the "We're logging you in, this won't take long." spinning star begins and never ends (I've waited up to 15 minutes to be sure). If I exit the bank app, exit Kamo, restart the web browser (Edge) and use the bank's web app again, all is fine. Haven't tried my investment app, but suspect that with the higher security of the site, it may do the same thing. I won't be using Kamo until this is fixed, so... get on it! :) ? (: 

• 4 months later...