found/cleaned junk count does not match

rsn

as you can see from attached screen shots, CCleaner says I have 23.15 kb junk ... not much, but when run "make it better" ...  informs me that it cleaned 1.03 mb  ... say what??   major discrepancy.  that was this time ... does it from time to time inconsistently

the tracker numbers match this time, although there has been discrepancy in them as well

not feeling the program is too trustworthy at the moment

ccleaner junk to remove 1.png

ccleaner junk to remove 2.png

• Moderators

This discrepancy has been noted before.

Best guess is that it's counting something as cleaned more than once, but the developers seem to be having trouble tracking it down.
Some of us think it's related to another small glitch where Custom Clean will sometimes show everything twice.

However there is one other common possiblity that you may want to check.

Sometimes the Windows Recycle Bin gets corrupted and Windows thinks it's still got MB or even GB of data in there even though it's empty.
For some reason this seems to be happening more often in the past year or so, it looks like a bug has crept in during one of the Windows Updates.
Most users don't even notice a corrupted recycle bin, (unless they use something like CCleaner to clear the bin), so Microsoft don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it.

CCleaner goes along with Windows and although it doesn't find the 'phantom' deleted files to clean it then says it's all been cleared - including those 'phantom' MB/GB - so says it's cleared more than it found.
This Windows bug shows better in Custom Clean than Health Check, if you have a corrupted bin then Custom Clean always says it has cleared MB/GB from the bin, even when there is nothing actually in there.

A corrupted Recycle Bin is easy to fix, you just delete the faulty bin and Windows creates a fresh new one, so you may want to give it a go just to make sure yours is OK:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I have the opposite problem: when I run the program, it appears to say everything has been cleaned; yet I tried running it again and there were remnants that showed up when a second scan was done.

I've used the free version for many years, but I got a new Win 10 pc with which I'm having all sorts of issues, so now I double-check everything! I'm losing faith in your program. Often, I empty the recycle bin before running the program...

What do you have to say about that?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BTINAZ said:

... when I run the program, it appears to say everything has been cleaned; yet I tried running it again and there were remnants that showed up when a second scan was done. 

What do you have to say about that?

It's normal computer behaviour to see things come back straight after you have cleaned them.

It gets asked about so often that I put a link to an explanation in my signature, which shows at the bottom of every post I make.
But I'm aware that if someone is using a phone/tablet they may not always see the signatures.

Here is the link that explains why it happens, and what you can do to stop some (not all) of it:
Scroll down to "Files and 'Trackers' that re-appear straight after cleaning"

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043