Ccleaner driver update versus Intel

Nohti

Ccleaner shows 7 Intel driers have a new driver version.  However, when I run the Intel Driver & Support Assistant it says that "No supported driver or software updates are available for your system".  Who should I believe?  I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a Surface Pro 3 computer.

• Moderators

Personally I'd believe Intel.

There may be later versions of the drivers that CCleaner's new Driver Updater is finding by the version number - but the changes in those drivers may have been for different system builds (different graphics chip, different audio chip, different drive or drive type, etc) and so while a newer version exists it may not be needed for your particular system.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi Nohti:

Given all the current problems reported with the new Driver Updater in CCleaner (including BSODs after some users allowed Driver Updater to install a driver update) I would agree with nukecad that the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (DSA) is more accurate.

Be aware that the Intel DSA is not designed to scan for chipset drivers.  As a general rule, the Intel DSA only finds available updates for my Intel UHD Graphics and Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers but it has never detected an available update for many of the Intel drivers shown in the images in Cleaning's 25-Jun-2021 post in CCleaner Driver Updater Scam; Fraud - Broken? Am I Using Wrong; Misunderstand. See the support articles What Components Does the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) Detect? and  Intel Products That Aren't Supported By Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) for more information.

In most cases I only install driver updates listed on Dell's support page for my Inspiron 5584, and I usually don't install newer updates recommended by the Intel DSA until they are tested and certified for compatibility with my Dell BIOS and added to that Inspiron 5584 support page.
----------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v20H2 build 19042.1052 * Firefox v89.0.2 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.2105.5 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.4.2.123-1.0.1358 * CCleaner Free Portable v5.81.8895 * Intel Driver & Support Assistant v21.3.21.5
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U CPU, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G 256 GB NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620