Proper use of Kamo

SteveM65

I have been trying to get a response from Ccleaner customer support for over a week with no luck. I am a paid subscriber to Ccleaner Professional, and Kamo, and I find this very disappointing and unprofessional. Does anyone know why this is happening? I even had Cleverbridge reach out on my behalf with no results.  Here are my questions aside from that. I'll preface this by saying that I don't know a whole lot about this kind of stuff,but I try to follow directions. I've set up Kamo to start with the computer and once I see that it's up and running,I minimize it manually. When I go to shut down,however,the computer says that it can't because there is an app running(Kamo) and I have to go back and close Kamo manually before shut down. Is this normal? Is there a way to eliminate the extra step of closing Kamo manually? Other than that things seem just fine. Thanks for any help.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @SteveM65First of all, I am very sorry to hear of how this is happening because in most situations, Kamo does not prevent Windows from shutting down like this.

Can you please see if this problem persists after reinstalling Kamo?

You can uninstall Kamo using these steps:

1. Open the "Run" dialog in Windows (On the keyboard, hold the Windows (?name=Windows+Logo.png) and "R" keys simultaneously)
  2. Type: appwiz.cpl > click OK
  3. Right-click Kamo > click "Uninstall"

Afterwards, download/reinstall Kamo from here:

https://www.ccleaner.com/go/get_kamo

If the problem does persist after this, would I have permission to contact you via email, using the same address that is registered to your forums account?

Thanks for the reply! I did all that and Kamo seems to be working,but when I shut down it says Kamo is preventing shut down . It gives me the option to shut down anyway or cancel and go back. Please contact me with  **************. I think that is the address on file  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working with the support team and I have sent them a number of requested log files in the process. They acknowledge that there is a bug there and they are supposed to get back to me with a solution??  I don't know a lot about this stuff,so I don't know what that may consist of. In the meantime, they said that manually closing Kamo first would be harmless,just not as designed. I will post any progress.

P.S.  I've also found that Kamo will self start at boot up just fine,but if you also check the box to automatically minimize, it won't start at all.   So...for now it's, let it start with boot and then manually minimize, then close Kamo before shut down. Not the end of the world,but not what I paid for. Let's see if Ccleaner steps up here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @SteveM65 & @pezinbristol I'm glad to say our development team has identified the cause of this problem and it will be resolved in the next version of Kamo we release, v2.2, which should be made available in the coming weeks.

Thanks Megan,

How will we have access to the new version?  Will it be just an automatic update or download  the whole Kamo app again?   I have to say, I'm very impressed with the speed an efficiency you and your team has shown regarding this matter!

Thanks,

Steve

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @SteveM65 I'm glad to say that all update installations occur in the background, and they automatically replace the existing version, so it should be a 'hassle-free' process.

By default, Kamo is configured to automatically update itself; simply ensure the auto-update feature is enabled, using these steps:

• Open Kamo > click Menu > SETTINGS
  • Check "Automatically update Kamo"

Otherwise if you would prefer to manually install updates, you can instead use the "CHECK FOR UPDATES" button located in that area of the program.

(This will allow you to manually consent to each update installation, rather than having then automatically installed without your given consent)

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @SteveM65 I wanted to follow-up with you on this again as the new version of Kamo, v2.2, has now been released.

You can immediately install the new version of Kamo using the following steps:

• Open Kamo > click Menu > SETTINGS
  • Click "UPDATE NOW"

Hi Megan,

I'm happy to say that the most annoying part has been solved. Kamo now allows the computer to shut down!  The other minor problem persists, however.  If you check the box to minimize upon opening, Kamo will not start with the computer at all. Minimizing it manually is not a big deal,but your team was so good at solving one problem, maybe they can find this one. Thanks for all your help, Steve

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @SteveM65 Thanks for letting me know as I am delighted to hear that problem was resolved for you!

I've not yet been able to replicate the other issue in regards to the "Start Kamo when I start my computer" and "Minimize Kamo upon starting" options so it may need further testing and investigation.

May we contact you via email, using the same address registered to your forums account?

Hi Megan,

I just tried it again just to make sure. To be clear, Kamo starts just fine with the computer and I can minimize it manually,but if the box for "Minimize Kamo upon starting" is then checked, next time I start the computer Kamo doesn't start at all. It's not that big a deal to me,I just wanted to make you aware of  the bug there.   Notifications that you have posted something here come through fine on my forums account email address, but if you want to contact me directly,the Gmail address is the way to go.

Thanks,

Steve