CCleaner Driver Updater Scam; Fraud - broken? Am I using wrong; misunderstand

Cleaning

Whenever I ask on a big forum like Bleepingcomputers, TomsHardware or many others I am always told to never use Automatic driver updaters.

CCleaner is telling me I have to update specific intel drivers.  However, I have a program from my manufacture(HP; Hewlt Pack), I have windows option to download optional updates and most importantly, I have an updater from the company CCleaner is suggesting are outdated.  I am using INTELS Updater -  it says nothing needs changed.

CCleaner is also telling me the same thing about my NVIDIA drivers.  But, I have windows, my HP updater and an updater from NVIDIA.  ALL say that CCleaner is lying, wrong or not functional as all my drivers are updated.

Can someone tell me as technical as possible why this happens?  Then tell me in a way a regular human can understand it?  I do not think CCleaner is intentionally lying to bait customers to use their product.  Though everyone on the big public facing tech support forums seem to say these programs are not useful or outright scams.

I like CCleaner I am interested in understanding what is going on.  This always happens with 3rd party driver updaters.  They suggest drivers for products which are not theirs are outdated.  Then when I install driver updaters from the correct company (HP, Intel or NVIDIA) they say in absolute terms I do NOT need updates.  So, for me, on my PC - for many years someone is "lying" or wrong.

TY!  TY!  :)

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by Cleaning
spelling readability

• Cleaning changed the title to CCleaner Driver Updater Scam; Fraud - broken? Am I using wrong; misunderstand

Hi Cleaning:

There are multiple threads in this forum discussing problems with the new Driver Updater in CCleaner v5.828950, including installation of out-of-date drivers, or even worse, installation of drivers that cause a BSOD.  See StableUser's 17-Jun-2021 Two Issues with Driver Updater and BenRiver's 17-Jun-2021 Driver Update Caused BSD for just a few examples.  I've posted my personal opinion about this new Driver Updater bloatware <here> and won't be surprised if reputable malware scanners like Malwarebytes start detecting CCleaner as a PUP (potentially unwanted program) soon.

If the version number of the driver recommended by Driver Updater is identical to the version currently installed, see employee johnccleaner's 24- Jun-2021 post in New Drivers Are the Same Version as Existing Ones asking users to click the 'Learn More' buttons for these driver to see if the release dates of the recommended and currently installed driver differ.

Just a side note that the Intel Driver & Support Assistant can detect updates for my Intel graphics driver and wireless network adapter but does not detect updates for chipsets (e.g., like my Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver).  See the support article What Components Does the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) Detect? for further information.
----------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v20H2 build 19042.1052 * Firefox v89.0.2 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.2105.5 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.4.0.117-1.0.1344 * CCleaner Free Portable v5.81.8895
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U CPU, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G 256 GB NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620