Update Drivers feature left me with a DLL failure

Paul SEPA

I ran the test for the first time. I was told that there was a driver update for my LogiTech mouse. I did not want the new driver, so I unchecked it. After all of the other updates were installed, my computer restarted. After I log in, I get the message about a missing DLL. See the attached screen shot. I went back to the Driver Updater, which told me that I had a mouse driver update. I said to install it. After powering up and logging in to the computer, I get the SAME error message. What do I do about it?

LogiLDA.jpg

Guest johnccleaner

This article: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-logilda-dll-file-4770642 offers some assistance on this particular error. You've already done the first step, restart the computer (truthfully, I'm not even quite sure why that's there, since you should only see this on startup; I suppose you could see it when switching from one User Profile to another...), of course, and I imagine you're up to date for the second (Windows updates), but steps three and on should be relevant.

Well: I uninstalled the Logitech program from the Apps List. Didn't help at all. I uninstalled the mouse, shut down the computer, and powered it up again. Didn't help. I am now trying to remove the DLL from Startup. As far as I'm concerned, your Driver Update program messed up my computer, and the suggestion that you made, while it may ultimately work, does not get to the root of the problem: the fact that I unselected that I wanted the mouse driver to be updated should have left all of the mouse driver software alone. Driver Updater has a bug.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Paul SEPA We definitely want to get to the root of this problem as we do not want anyone to have this type of experience as a result of using Driver Updater.

Our support team would like to investigate further; do they have permission to contact you via email, using the same address registered to your forums account?

Guest MeganCCleaner

Thanks for the additional information. We'll contact you now, and you'll receive our email from support@ccleaner.com.