New drivers are the same version as existing ones

mfebres

Hello,

First of all, congratulations for this new feature! I am not sure when it was implemented but today I saw it and start using it. I was able to update a bunch of old drivers without any issue but there are a few drivers that CCleaner believes needs updates but they are the same version.

image.thumb.png.a138f8d52057db9d8651a085c08a0e48.png

Guest johnccleaner

Would you mind checking the 'Learn more' buttons for some of these driver entries and seeing if the release dates differ between the currently installed version and the version being proposed to install? 

If the release date for the proposed version is later, this would indicate that these are newer versions, despite the unchanged version number. (With that in mind, if they didn't see fit to increment the version number, it is unlikely that the changes are anything significant, and might be more administrative matters like updating security certificates or things like that.)

If that doesn't seem to be the case, however, please get in contact with our support team via our Contact Us form here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or by emailing support@ccleaner.com so that we can collect logs and look into the matter further.

It seems that all the Intel drivers were installed with a invalid release date 18.07.1968. I guess it does not affect anything if I "update" those drivers so at least they will have the correct release date, right?

image.thumb.png.4262d7c46ef21d2b845da15836ce59d5.png

Guest johnccleaner

Brought this up to our development team, as I mentioned, and they explained that these are, essentially, placeholder drivers that tell the computer that the hardware is installed but others don't really do anything (because that functionality is actually provided by another driver). As such, there's no particular need to update these, but there shouldn't be any harm either. 

More to the point, however, we're going to start blacklisting these so that they no longer show up in scans, since there really isn't a point to updating them. If you perform a scan in a couple of days, these should no longer show up.

(Incidentally, and I really should have caught this, the 'release date' listed is the date of Intel's founding.)

Thanks for bringing this up so we could examine it further!