Uninstalling Ccleaner

I see no way of actually contacting the company so I'm posting it here.

I just wanted to let you know that I am uninstalling Ccleaner because of your constant pop up windows asking me to upgrade! It's annoying as hell. 

My advice: STOP IT! I know I don't want to upgrade. I don't have to be asked constantly. 

Guest johnccleaner

I will be happy to let our marketing team know about your dissatisfaction, and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

With that in mind, you should be seeing this on an infrequent basis as I mentioned; if you're seeing this, for instance, multiple times per day, that could indicate that the cookies that store the information on when you were last notified are being cleaned; to prevent this from happening, visit Options > Cookies > right-click Cookies to Keep list > Import the attached file, or Add the following entries:

• *.avast.com
  • *.ccleaner.com
  • *.ccleanercloud.com
  • *.piriform.com

(Of course, this only applies if you have not yet uninstalled CCleaner, or you install it again in the future; obviously, if you have uninstalled the software, then that rather eliminates the need for the above instructions.)

Whitelist.txt

• Admin
On 19/06/2021 at 16:33, RBMunkin said:

constant pop up windows asking me to upgrade!

"Constant" doesn't sound quite right.  If you are using a free version of CCleaner, it will mention that there is a paid version:

• When you try to access a paid feature (such as scheduled cleaning, multi-user cleaning, the Speed and Security sections of HealthCheck, Software Updater, Driver Updater, etc)
  • After you update CCleaner (after every 2nd or 3rd update - unless there is a sale on or a major feature release).

There are also pop-up messages that will appear when there is a sale on with a significant discount offered (such as the Spring Sale, or Black Friday), or a major new feature release such as Driver Updater.  These only happen a few times a year, and each message will only appear 1-3 times, depending on the length of the sales period - but never on two consecutive days.  If you are seeing sales messages more frequently than this, the most common cause is that you are accidentally wiping our "I've already seen this and don't need to see it again" flag, and the solution provided above will fix this.

While there is no setting in CCleaner to stop sales notifications, if it possible since CCleaner 5.71 to reduce them via the privacy settings: Options > Privacy > Offers.  Note that after doing this, you may find that "members only" discount prices unavailable to you in the future.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 1 month later...

I support the above complaints - I am a paid PRO user but get continual (10+ times a day) requests to upgrade to premium which I have no desire/intention to do.

This is becoming a major problem to me to the point of me considering uninstalling the program. this is doubly frustrating as I have clearly disabled the choice for receiving publicity and offers in the options offers. Considering the nature of your clients I cannot understand how anyone in your organization considers such pestering allowable.

if not stopped my next complaints will involve publicly raising this issue through Which consumer organisation, and the computing press. I am VERY frustrated.

cccleaner up grade.jpg

• Developer

@ccleaner_user  10+ times a day is for sure not the right frequency. Would you please mind sharing some details?

• What Windows version do you use?
  • On a day when those 10+ toasters appear, how do you use CCleaner? Is it just Smart Cleaning monitor running in the background, or do you open CCleaner application window? If so, how often (once / multiple times)?
  • Do you use Internet Explorer?
  • How is your IE Security level set? You can find this setting in Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Security tab. This applies for Windows 10, it might be slightly different for other versions.
    image.png
  • How are you IE Cookies set? You can find it in Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Privacy tab -> Advanced button. Again might be slightly different for other versions.
    image.png