Driver Updater

Dima

Здравствуйте! В какую папку CCleaner 5.82 скачивает драйвера? Хочу их сохранить.

Hello! What folder does CCleaner 5.82 download drivers to? I want to save them.

I used driver updater on my Dell XPS 7390 2in1 and it showed me a number of drivers which I couldn't find even on Dell website. I did an update and after that Dell keyboard that was paired via Bluetooth with this laptop stopped working.

I'm wondering how CCleaner can show an update which even Dell website doesn't and then it screws up things.

• Admin
On 19/06/2021 at 13:35, Dima said:

Здравствуйте! В какую папку CCleaner 5.82 скачивает драйвера? Хочу их сохранить.

Hello! What folder does CCleaner 5.82 download drivers to? I want to save them.

Hi Dima, CCleaner backs up automatically all Drivers that it downloads and Updates so that we can Revert to them later if something goes wrong.

• Admin
On 19/06/2021 at 14:11, johnnyking said:

I used driver updater on my Dell XPS 7390 2in1 and it showed me a number of drivers which I couldn't find even on Dell website. I did an update and after that Dell keyboard that was paired via Bluetooth with this laptop stopped working.

I'm wondering how CCleaner can show an update which even Dell website doesn't and then it screws up things.

Hi johnnyking, I am sorry that you are experiencing problems with the new feature. Thank you for reaching out with your problem.

When we update drivers, we create backups so you can revert back to what you had previously.
You can restore the backups using Driver Updater itself by clicking on 'Did something go wrong?' on the main screen of the Driver Updater after an update has been applied. Click here to view more details about this.

Please let me know if this solves it for you, or get in touch with our Support Team directly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/06/2021 at 08:11, johnnyking said:

Man, I hate you guys (CCleaner).  I spent five years asking for a way to rename Windows Apps in CCleaner like we can every other program, and you just said that it was low priority and that you wanted to focus on CCleaner bugs.  Five years focusing on bugs, huh?  Then my request got buried.  So I know you don't give two craps about me or anyone else.  So I tried this Update Driver feature and 25% or so into the driver updates, my Bluetooth stopped working.  It didn't work on a Windows restart.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Bluetooth.  I tried using Driver Updater to revert all the driver updates.  Finally, I restored Windows to June 7th, four days before I even used CCleaner's Driver Updater.  Still doesn't work.  I unpaired my Bluetooth devices and tried pairing them again.  Most of the time it would not pair.  But like, if I got lucky with my Logitech K380 and paired it after it asked me to type a pin and press Enter, the keyboard still won't work.  And it won't show up in my Logitech Options.  I also tried reinstalling Logitech Options.  I tried repairing my Logitech Wireless Headsets and my mouse.  But each time it is the same thing, even after pairing, the devices won't work.  They just keep blinking their lights trying to connect to my laptop, but they won't.  This is disastrous for me, because this particular laptop had a factory defect where every laptop of that model had a keyboard that didn't work.  And for those who shipped their laptops back to Acer to have the keyboards replaced, they broke again and again and again and again.  Just basically a useless laptop.  Until I got my Logitech K380 wireless keyboard.  I need this keyboard to work so I can use the laptop.  It's a pain to use the Touch Keyboard feature.  Same thing goes for the mouse.  I don't use Touch Mouse and I don't want to plug in another mouse.  I was using one mouse for two laptops.  That was the whole point of me buying this mouse in the first place.  I know that if I was Microsoft Windows and I glared at you and told you that your program destroys computers, you will probably rush to ask for forgiveness and beg to not be punished.  But since I'm just a regular person, you don't care that I am disabled with no money.  You don't care that my laptop is destroyed because of you.  You are just going to say "it's on you" and say that you warned me that problems could exist and blah blah.  But you know, these problems didn't go away even after reverting the driver update changes AND restoring Windows to four days ago.  I should have known better to trust your program.  I can only find at most 2-3 of these drivers on the Intel website using the Intel Support Driver tool, but CCleaner insisted that I had 21-25 out-of-date drivers and gave me my current version numbers and the new version numbers, so I thought that just maybe your program was "better" at detecting out-of-date drivers.  I've already wasted 12 or more hours of my life trying to fix this.  Oh, yeah I did try the Bluetooth troubleshoot in case you are wondering.  I've tried just about everything.  No, I don't want your CCleaner admin or anyone else to reach out to me because you aren't going to replace my computer.  In fact, your mods and admins will probably just try to delete this message and ban me.  Or mouth off to me and lecture me on rules this and rules that.  That's the kind of people you are.  If anyone is reading this, do not, I repeat DO NOT use the Driver Updater.  It didn't create any problems that I am aware of on my newer laptop, but it's a risky gamble.  And it's not worth taking the risk.

@johnnyking - I feel for you man.  I just hope that you managed to fix your Bluetooth.  But me, I'm out of luck.  I know that I won't be able to fix it.  My laptop is destroyed.

Edited by idgas01

On 19/06/2021 at 08:11, johnnyking said:

@johnnyking

Oh, wow.  I had a huge long complaint, but I finally fixed the Bluetooth problem after wasting 12 hours doing everything else.

Here are the steps:

1.) Go to Run and type services.msc, and then click on OK.
2.) In the Services window, scroll down to Bluetooth Support Service, right-click on it, and then click on Restart.
3.) Go to Bluetooth Support Service again but double-click it this time.
4.) In the Bluetooth Support Services Properties window, click on Startup type: and then click on Automatic.  Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
5.) Go to the blue Bluetooth icon in the System Tray and click on Add or Show Bluetooth Devices.
6.) Unpair your Bluetooth devices and then repair them again.

Should work now.  Whew!!!

Edited by idgas01

• Moderators
10 hours ago, idgas01 said:

In fact, your mods and admins will probably just try to delete this message and ban me. 

Nope, we won't.

We are not the kind of forum that simply removes any critical comments.

In fact, despite that you have now asked yourself for your posts to be deleted they are staying here.
Your Bluetooth fix may even help others.

Or mouth off to me and lecture me on rules this and rules that.

No lecture; you know the rules and know what will happen if you break them.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043