Two issues with Driver Updater

StableUser

I've found two issues with the Driver Updater in CCleaner:

1. It's detecting an older version as if it's newer (see screenshot).
  2. CCleaner hangs (not responding) until I force close it, whenever I ask it to skip this version (after clicking on "Skip driver" in the confirmation dialogue).

CCleaner v5.82.8950

1751350737_Screenshot2021-06-17191746.png.9dd9bedceef2ed556591fc66fb4919c9.png

• Admin

Hi @StableUser

For the point 1 It's detecting an older version as if it's newer (see screenshot).

This has been corrected, so that such driver updates for Intel network cards should no longer be offered as of tomorrow morning.

Could you provide us with the feedback after the update

For the point 2: To investigate this further can you please send  over your log file under C:\Program Files\CCleaner\LOG\DriverUpdaterLib.log to support@ccleaner.com

Or support team have permission to contact you via email, using the same email address that is registered to your forums account? 

Please check with your OEM website especially HP laptop & computers ! Some Drivers are customized & may not be updatable. intel graphics are adapted for hardware

`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away".

4 hours ago, Azra CCleaner said:

Will do.

4 hours ago, Azra CCleaner said:

For the point 2: To investigate this further can you please send  over your log file under C:\Program Files\CCleaner\LOG\DriverUpdaterLib.log to support@ccleaner.com

Or support team have permission to contact you via email, using the same email address that is registered to your forums account? 

That's fine, they may contact me on that e-mail. I can send the log now or wait for them to contact me. What's best?

In my case the driver updater wanted to replace a driver with the same version, so I let it.  Unfortunately for me the Realtek Speaker setting were completely messed up.  I then tried using the 'undo' function to replace the audio drivers but this did not help.  Since the updated has requested that I create a restore point before performing the update I then tried restoring from that point and received an error message that the restore failed.    However the restore operation did fix my sound, and everything now appears to be back to normal.  I will not be using the driver updater again until I read enough reviews to gain confidence in this product.

On 18/06/2021 at 21:38, Azra CCleaner said:

Hi @StableUser

For the point 1 It's detecting an older version as if it's newer (see screenshot).

This has been corrected, so that such driver updates for Intel network cards should no longer be offered as of tomorrow morning.

Hey @Azra CCleaner,

I am having the similar issues, I have 84 drivers that are incorrectly listing older versions as replacements. 

Would you like further log files sent to support email address?

I have no issues with simply not installing the older versions.  But some people may not read the version numbers, and since installing older drivers can cause signficant issues for a standard user, maybe a popup warning users to check...

Note* - The main culprit is the Intel(R) Xeon drivers, which Windows Update advises as optional and Microsoft Support acknowledges they are not required for non Xeon PCs (why they leave them there as optional beats me) so they can safely be ignored. (A suggestion is maybe add an optional category to the "Your Drivers" list instead of having them in the "System" category.

Anyway some teething problems but all round a useful addition to Ccleaner.

Regards,

Anthony

Updated my Pro CCleaner with the latest version but the Driver Updater feature does not work.  There is a little red dot on th icon for the Driver Updater.  When I click on the Driver Updater Icon it shuts the entire program down so the feature is worhless even though I paid for the Pro Version.  

• Admin
20 hours ago, osubuckeye9 said:

Updated my Pro CCleaner with the latest version but the Driver Updater feature does not work.  There is a little red dot on th icon for the Driver Updater.  When I click on the Driver Updater Icon it shuts the entire program down so the feature is worhless even though I paid for the Pro Version.  

Hi osubuckeye9, I am sorry to hear that you are having problem accessing the new feature.

Could you please try download the newest CCleaner installer and re-installing it by running the installer and see if this solves your issue?

If the problem still occurs could you please let me know which Operating System you are on and if you are running normally or in Portable mode?

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Brad CCleaner said:

If the problem still occurs could you please let me know which Operating System you are on and if you are running normally or in Portable mode?

also what security or antivirus you run

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com