windows dual screen capability removed by cc.

I used new version of cc with driver removal option.  It removed my drivers, restore points, checkpoints for restoring.  Most important it removed windows dual screen capability.  I am stuck using small laptop screen.  I spent 8 hours yesterday trying all options on net to reverse and or fix what ccleaner did to my laptop.  can you help me.  windows 10 and everything current. been using cc since the beginning.

• Moderators

As the Driver Updater is a new feature, Beta status, and only available to a limited number of users, I have flagged this up to the staff for a reply.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hi there g_boston, I'm sorry to hear about the issues here. Thanks for getting in touch.

When we update drivers, we keep backups. You can restore the backups using Driver Updater itself by clicking on 'Did something go wrong?' on the main screen of the Driver Updater after an update has been applied. Click here to view more details about this.

I'm curious, were you aware of this option in Driver Updater?

image.png

I'm not sure if by restore points and checkpoints for restoring you mean 'Windows System Restore points'. CCleaner should not be removing any Windows System Restore points. If you haven't checked your System Restore points in a while, it's possible that Windows has cleaned them up although it's unlikely it would have removed all of them without an explicit instruction to do so. How Windows manages Restore Points would depend on your settings, which would look something like this:

Windows_SystemRestore.PNG

Here is a guide on managing these options:

https://support.microsoft.com/windows/recovery-options-in-windows-10-31ce2444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5#bkmk_section7

If you need further assistance, we'd be happy to help. Just let us know here or get in touch with our Support Team directly.

Again, I'm sorry that your experience here wasn't positive, but hopefully we can resolve the issue you described.

Thanks, all is fixed.  Yesterday I spent 8 hours trying to get my dual screens back.  No restore points after using cc.  This morning I turned on computer and I ran restore from win.  I found a restore point from 6/10/21.  It worked.  I have been using cc since it was crap cleaner.  a long time.  yesterday i ran the driver updater.  it removed my drivers, my restore points in win and inside cc.  no error messages like listed above. dual screen disabled and non functioning.  I found about 50 solutions on line.  the last one from last night must have worked.  turn off system command for fast launch and a couple other commands.  it worked this morning.  I had restore point and got up and running.  all fixed, thanks.

Edited by g_boston
more info

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Sorry for the trouble here g_boston.

In future, don't hesitate to contact us if you have an issue with CCleaner. Thanks for your custom. :)