I need to open Ccleaner only when needed not at the start up

Artra

At booting the system (Xp) CClenaer gets started along and it consumes ever growing memory, so I just want it to get started just and only at the moment 

when I call it  to analyse the browser, clean it and close all of program dealing with CCleaner.

Is that possible ... so I don't uninstallit and reinstall it every session.

Thank you so much in advance

• Moderators

turn off smart monitoring and check for updates and it won't start with windows

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Smart Cleaning, and automatic update checks, run in the background if you have them turned on - but they shouldn't consume "ever growing memory".

Can you give us any details/screenshots of that, if a memory leak is indeed happening then the devs will want to track it down and fix it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks a lot Nukecad and Nergal.

Am little slow. I have no idea of what ''updates' are about (if it is about the whole CCleaner app ..  I am using the last version for Xp) I turn it off so to be able to set off 'smart cleaning.

What are the implications of smart monitoring setting it off.  
I use the internet for news, youtube and want to get rid off trackers frequently, because the pc slows down and the only way I find to exit internet is CCleaner and erase trackers.
So, if for the former purposes, if smart cleaning off does not become a problem to detect and erase trackers I would certainly put it off and perhaps I could procede manually if needed, and also to manage different types off cookies.

All that for memory and running better the laptop.

Ram memory 1.4 GB.

I send you an image of ''CCleaner options-cookies ''  tab, for if it helped.

Thank you once again.CClinerImgnCuqis.thumb.jpg.10e8e780107431c303b734da3465e5d6.jpg

Edited by Artra

• Moderators

As you have v5.64 Free for use with XP then the automatic updates don't apply, (they weren't available in v5.64 Free).

If you have Smart Cleaning turned on then it will use some background memory, and will then use more memory when it does a periodic clean.

How often it will do a clean will depend on your Smart cleaning settings, but as a user of CCleaner Free you won't be able to change those settings- your only option is to have Smart Cleaning enabled or not.
Turn Smart Cleaning off it you don't want it running in the background. You will then have to open CCleaner and clean manually like you are asking for.

You'd have to judge for yourself whether it's better for you with Smart Cleaning off or on, which will depend on how you use your computer.

PS. You shouldn't realy be surfing the web with an XP machine anymore, it won't have security updates, but I guess you are already aware of that and there are many reasons why someone may still be using XP.

One other thing: if you have Options>Settings>'Run CCleaner when the computer starts' ticked then it will breifly run a clean at startup but should then close again.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

perhaps pics can more say

1. pic - settings

2. pic - smart cleaning

3. pic - updates

4. pic - privacy

after untick this no ccleaner instance should be work in the background :-)

00_ccleaner settings.JPG

00_ccleaner smart cleaning.JPG

00_ccleaner updates.JPG

00_ccleaner privacy.JPG

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

22 hours ago, Artra said:

All that for memory and running better the laptop.

Ram memory 1.4 GB.

perhaps you can take a look with ccleaner in your startup to save more RAM at XP-Boot:

ccleaner -> tools -> windows

and

ccleaner -> tools -> scheduled tasks

for example: i can see there some stuff that not have to be on at startup

-> gimp.2.8.exe

-> jusched.exe (i mean its java updater) - i think there is also a deactivator in java itself... in the XP-control panel -> java -> settings

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  Nurgal, Nukecad and Trium

This v 5.64 does have a Smart Cleaning... yes  ..  so, once reconfigured,there's no need to close it manually at the task manager table, every time I boot the system -Xp the best by the way, the most complete,reliable with acces to put hands on low programming-. so it will be great when apps like the great ccleaner,  realizes it is good to  update it for Xp too.

Thank you a lot.

Edited by Artra