CCleaner Signing Me Out of Chrome

I use Google Chrome and I am signed into the browser itself, my Google account.

I used to be able to run CCleaner to "clean" the browser history, etc., but still remained signed into my Chrome profile, Google account.

Recently, running CCleaner has been wiping my Chrome profile, signing me out of the browser, forcing me to sign back in.

I'm just wondering if this is a known issue and, if so, what can I do to resolve it?

• Moderators

Are you running Health Check or Custom Clean?

If it's Custom Clean then make sure that you have 'Session' unticked for Chrome.
It's clearing the browser 'Session' that logs you out of things.

(I'd also double-check Chrome's own settings to make sure that you don't have it set to logout on closing. Browser setttings like that will sometimes change themselves as a 'security' measure, it can often happen during a browser update).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

On 09/06/2021 at 05:19, nukecad said:

Are you running Health Check or Custom Clean?

If it's Custom Clean then make sure that you have 'Session' unticked for Chrome.
It's clearing the browser 'Session' that logs you out of things.

(I'd also double-check Chrome's own settings to make sure that you don't have it set to logout on closing. Browser setttings like that will sometimes change themselves as a 'security' measure, it can often happen during a browser update).

Thanks for your response. I am running Custom Clean, I have unticked 'Session' for Chrome, as per your suggestion, but it is still signing me out of Chrome.

I've double-checked my Chrome settings, and I don't have any settings that would cause me to logout on closing, additionally I remain logged in until I run CCleaner.

Since I had not changed any settings prior to this issue, I'm guessing there may have been a recent update to Chrome that changed something, but I don't know for sure.

• Moderators

As I don't use Chrome I can't say about any updates to it.

The best I can suggest is to open and close Chrome a few times without running CCeaner (and turn of browser Smart Cleaning in CCleaner if you have it on) and seeing if it's still logging you out.
If it does still log you out then that shows it's not CCleaner doing it.

If it's only when you run CCleaner that it logs you out then Chrome may have changed where it stores things and it will take a bit more investigation.
(Firefox did similar a few months ago and changed how/where it stores cookies and other things).

PS. There was a bug in Chrome that would sign you out on closing, maybe it's resurfaced for you?
https://www.technipages.com/fix-chrome-signs-me-out-of-everything-on-exit

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043